Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams are getting better at dissecting zones and it'll shift back to man on man. I hope it doesn't happen too soon though, as we're built for the current game and are a chance in the current game.
I hope you are right that there will be a shift back to man on man at times. Teams will probably have to be able to adapt to use a combination of both zone and contest I guess.

Especially since jumpers are made to fit players skin-tight, literally any level of friction against it pulls the jumper taut and makes it look like a grab.

Something for Freo to consider with that black and purple uniform; it’s much harder to see their jumper getting pulled than Carltank’s white monstrosity.

Something for Freo to consider with that black and purple uniform; it’s much harder to see their jumper getting pulled than Carltank’s white monstrosity.
The defenders union should be up in arms about those ones. Forward in front reaches an arm back to the defenders chest, grabs the jumper to hold the defenders in place - it's just never paid as a free, but when the defender then grabs the forwards jumper to try to shift, it gets paid a heap.

Does Ben King idolise Mitchell Starc? That goatee is horrible 😂

Every time I watch GWS or Gold Coast, I’m amazed at the good footballers in both teams. I know GWS have largely got their act together, and I fully support the national competition and attempts to establish the game in those obscure states that enjoy the ugly game - but to see some of these players hidden away in obscurity. It’s a travesty!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not watching the Richmond st kilda game but just saw the scores. Glad I’m choosing something else to do with my time!

Every time I watch GWS or Gold Coast, I’m amazed at the good footballers in both teams. I know GWS have largely got their act together, and I fully support the national competition and attempts to establish the game in those obscure states that enjoy the ugly game - but to see some of these players hidden away in obscurity. It’s a travesty!
That Walter is going to be a beast! Don't be amazed by the quality of their players- they are both stacked with top ten draft picks going way back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back