Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Think about how bad North are , 1 win in 26 matches. Now realize Jaiden Stephenson got dropped from that side and had 10 touches at VFL level this weekend . Imagine telling one of us in 2018 that's where he'd end up .
Steph is a 1 season wonder

They need supporters, cash, relevance, money, leadership, wealth, expert back office and coaching and dough. And importantly, to Fock off and die
Should of Moved to Gold Coast or Tassie

Goal Umpires should be Dropped IF use VAR too Much
Nah.
This is the result of a few howlers that were not reviewed and cost games. One even cost a club a finals spot.
So they will, and should, look at any really close goals.
What needs to change is how these reviews are handled.
Better that the umpire calls it as he sees it and then asks, privately, that it be reviewed. The central umpires can also be informed, privately, that a review is underway and they have to hold the ball in the centre until cleared to resume play.
This would give the players and the crowd a chance to celebrate. Most times these reviews give a goal anyway.
Only caveat to this is points reviewed. They must be done before game is resumed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe Toby Greene got rubbed out for that.

He was contesting the ball at speed and his only mistake was jumping higher than the Carlton player to try and get to the ball.

Last edited:
Can't believe Tony Greene got rubbed out for that.

He was contesting the ball at speed and his only mistake was jumping higher than the Carlton player to try and get to the ball.
It's an interesting case. He was probably a fraction too late, and he did seem (to my eye) to turn into a brace mid-air, which is trouble for him. But, I'm not sure that the impact was that significant, and the action was different to recent suspensions like Wright. Will be very interesting to see how it plays out

Think about how bad North are , 1 win in 26 matches. Now realize Jaiden Stephenson got dropped from that side and had 10 touches at VFL level this weekend . Imagine telling one of us in 2018 that's where he'd end up .

Wouldn't be surprised he isn't playing AFL in a couple of years.

It’s quite sad actually, such a fall from grace for the 2018 Rising Star.

I was looking forward to that game just so I could watch him. Haven't said that about the Eagles since Cousins used to play.

Absolutely. Hopefully it's only a week off for him.

Absolutely. Hopefully it's only a week off for him.
You know what? I've just realised why they are resting Harley..

Guess who they play next? 🙄

* Edit : my mistake. I thought we had Eagles next. Not filthy Carlscum.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back