Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

No surprise Freo looked flat last night. Quite a few of them were very emotional before the game during the remembering of Cam McCarthy. On top of what would’ve been a very emotional day.....
Reminds me of when John McCarthy passed away in 2012. I think that was the week we played Sydney in the preliminary final and got knocked out.

Reminds me of when John McCarthy passed away in 2012. I think that was the week we played Sydney in the preliminary final and got knocked out.

John McCarthy passed away leading in to the Semi Final against West Coast. Collingwood got the win in an emotional Saturday night match at the MCG.

We did lose to Sydney the following week though.

Agree. Surely there’s two things at play here. Some possible suggestions.

1 a player refusing medical attention on field must be against the rules if it’s not already.
2 club doctors perhaps need to have the right to stop the game, perhaps by informing the interchange officials who can then pull the whistle out and call to the umpires.
I think these are great suggestions. I haven’t been able to clarify how they handle it in Rugby League as yet.
Just speaking to an ex league player and he said the doctor can contact the bunker and they can then contact the referee immediately as they would with a score review.
AFL probably need to clarify the on field protocols. Players will risk continuing especially late in a tight game.

I think these are great suggestions. I haven’t been able to clarify how they handle it in Rugby League as yet.
Just speaking to an ex league player and he said the doctor can contact the bunker and they can then contact the referee immediately as they would with a score review.
AFL probably need to clarify the on field protocols. Players will risk continuing especially late in a tight game.
I wonder who’s onus it would be (doctor/club/player) for refusing to come off. Aka Jezza. Probably would be 100% Doctor/Club. But should be margin to say player took his own risk when instructed to come off (assuming he was). Sort of like a waiver. What do you think?

I wonder who’s onus it would be (doctor/club/player) for refusing to come off. Aka Jezza. Probably would be 100% Doctor/Club. But should be margin to say player took his own risk when instructed to come off (assuming he was). Sort of like a waiver. What do you think?
It has to be clear cut for mine so 100% doctor and the game should be stopped.

There is bound to be controversy no matter what is put in place and unfortunately there will even be those who would stoop to manipulating it to advantage e.g. feigning head contact to stop the game.
We have commentators openly suggesting players are using the dangerous tackle rule to gain advantage.
Humans eh I agree with the premise that what sets us apart from other animals is our ability to manipulate.

There's the example. Blood rule. Off you go. The umps have people upstairs that could tell them there's been a head knock requiring a HIA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weekly reminder that we lost to the Saints.

There’s always one every year.

2022 West Coast
2023 Hawthorn
2024 Saints … hopefully there’s only the one

On their day I think the Saints are a hard team to play against but as I posted at the opening bounce (in the wrong thread I now realise lol - Other Club News :rolleyes:) , they looked like they couldn't be stuffed in the warm up and the result is actually closer than I expected.

👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back