Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Can totally see us losing tomorrow after the last couple of days of results.

I’ve been saying for a while it’s a danger game

As long as we take them seriously and out the same type of pressure we’ve been putting the last month we should be fine

I love how all these coaches who try to imitate Fly show their true selves the second their team isn’t winning or doing what they’re told lol

So fraudulent

I’ve been saying for a while it’s a danger game

As long as we take them seriously and out the same type of pressure we’ve been putting the last month we should be fine

It's a huge opportunity to catch up to the top 4 teams. Surely knowing this we'll be on.

It's a huge opportunity to catch up to the top 4 teams. Surely knowing this we'll be on.

If we win tomorrow, we’re half a game outside Top 4

Massive opportunity

I have to say as I watch more and more games I feel better and better about our chances when the real stuff starts

Giants are in a genuine low patch at the moment

I expect they’ll turn it around sooner rather than later
The Giants lack a few things. They have Hogan and Greene, but outside of them, the forward line is terrible. They've got a really solid, but one paced midfield. Even their quick midfielders (Kelly, Callaghan), don't play quick.

Their defence is terrific, imagine if we could steal Sam Taylor.

I remember when Buckley left there were rumours that Ross Lyon would be our new coach. Bloody relieved that never happened!
Ross had a whine about not getting a call from the club, and then said he wouldn't have wanted to coach us anyway due to the 'instability'.

Haha. Who had the last laugh, Ross the Toss.

The Giants lack a few things. They have Hogan and Greene, but outside of them, the forward line is terrible. They've got a really solid, but one paced midfield. Even their quick midfielders (Kelly, Callaghan), don't play quick.

Their defence is terrific, imagine if we could steal Sam Taylor.
They also have one of the best small forwards going around in Brent Daniels and a very good HF in Callum Brown. I think you might be underestimating GWS

Certainly the weirdest week of our season yet. Just shows what a combo of low confidence and garbage umpiring can do.
I’d respectfully suggest that was one of my ‘strongest’ run-outs in fluorescent yellow. (iLeighgal-the-Whistle-Blowhard-Fischer)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really is the strangest tale. Sack a coach who was recently re-signed on the back of the President luring a ex coach who has previously walked out the Club. What's more, the old coach, who hadn't tasted success in many seasons then surrounds himself with old boys in the coaching team.
It must be a football horror story in an age of attacking aggressive football for their supporters watching them play.
Meanwhile, they perform worse than the signed and sacked ex coach (putting aside the dead cat bounce at the beginning of season 23) over a decent sample of footy, some 25 odd games.
Did they fall for a guy who handles the media well and can deliver a cliche laden pithy one liner? Did the president go this way to appease the fans? Is it just another bad decision made aby a footy club?
Whatever the reason, let this be a lesson to every other club on what not to do!!
May that 💩 club forever rest in eternal manure.

Last edited:
Results not going our way for an immediate ladder cllimb, but they are making a top 4 assualt more likely.

Other results were always win-win for us this round, now we just have to win.
Loving this round results. The flag is wide open this year.avoid Swans in prelim then back to back big chance. Pies at full strength big shot come finals

They also have one of the best small forwards going around in Brent Daniels and a very good HF in Callum Brown. I think you might be underestimating GWS
Not really. They are solid all round. They might have the 2nd best defence in the comp. But if your 3rd best best forward is Brent Daniels, your forward line is a weakness.
I really don't underestimate them, they can win a flag this year. I just think they have some pretty glaring weaknesses.

Not really. They are solid all round. They might have the 2nd best defence in the comp. But if your 3rd best best forward is Brent Daniels, your forward line is a weakness.
I really don't underestimate them, they can win a flag this year. I just think they have some pretty glaring weaknesses.
You might want to pay more attention to Daniels, he's easily in the best 5 small forwards in the comp.

If we win tomorrow, we’re half a game outside Top 4

Massive opportunity
Boss man, the eight is ironing itself out. What do we have, Eagles tomorrow, then the Crows at home, and a depleted Dockers in Perth? Running into KB, we COULD be 7-1-3. From 0-0-3, that's an incredible turn around. Fingers 🤞

Dusty just looks like he’s running down the clock on his contract now.

Yze isn’t going to be a long time coach, they’ll be turning on him soon.
Fans are probably microwaving their memberships as we speak. Richmind suck again, order has been restored!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back