Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see the port fans rally around Ken after an inspiring victory;

You get no credit for that. None. Zip. Nada

Leave. Now.
But didn't they see him wave his arms towards the goals at that final stoppage. It was inspirational.

Reid's been fantastic, but we do tend to overrate the first year players that come in physically ready, because it's unexpected. Rowell was a similar situation in his first year. It's then a matter of what they can add to their game, because the usual addition of strength is not as needed.
If not for injury I think Rowell would be much farther progressed as a footballer than he is now. No comparison to Reid. Just a better version of Rowell.

Jordy has certainly had a slower start to 2024 than we expected. But let’s be real, Reid has had over 20 disposals twice. He has some very impressive moments, and had a fantastic match today, but people are getting a little over-excited. Gone past De Goey? Cmon. He will one day, but certainly not yet.
The consecutive fend offs of Oliver and Petracca…. a thing of beauty.
Harley lands 9 out of 10 fend offs. Jordy one out of 10.
Such a weapon being able to do that consistently, just like Dusty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is harley Reid too big already? he is massive for a young kid. ATM, he looks like the second most impactful player in the game, behind nick of course. They will have to monitor his weight and muscle or he might be a 5 year wonder.

Is harley Reid too big already? he is massive for a young kid. ATM, he looks like the second most impactful player in the game, behind nick of course. They will have to monitor his weight and muscle or he might be a 5 year wonder.
He's quick can weave through traffic and launch above a pack - so it's a pretty clear no.

He sure can but will he be able to do it 5 years time with all that size? Ig he's that big already, it could become a problem but atm, I can't get enough him.
He'll get more explosive - and looks to be well ahead of where Jordy and Petracca were at aerobically at the same age.

There was a time when I had a soft spot for Richmond. I have an uncle and cousins that are tigers and I felt bad for them during their 30 years of shitfullness. But once they started winning this part of my family became a pack of campaigners, it really strained things.

But now that they’ve gone back to being shit, balance has been restored and harmony returned. I’ve learned that for the sake of the family, Richmond need to remain shit for an eternity. It’s a delicate balance than cannot be messed with.

He sure can but will he be able to do it 5 years time with all that size? Ig he's that big already, it could become a problem but atm, I can't get enough him.

Think his size is fine Manic - listed at 85 kegs, let's say he's a bit heavier

Leigh Matthews played at 86 kegs and 178cm and was a gun midfielder

Millane was a 95 keg winger

Gary Ablett junior 182 and 87

Harley's not like you and me getting off the couch and sprinting for a snack

Wordle start words as inspired by WCE:

smoke, eagle, demon (?), slain, never, cried, wrath (pathetic supporters), jumpy, laugh, fight (none), score (ie expected), goals, point, weepy, board (ie cheese, challenge 😂), coach, death, stuck, slime, winge, loser etc

Last edited:
There was a time when I had a soft spot for Richmond. I have an uncle and cousins that are tigers and I felt bad for them during their 30 years of shitfullness. But once they started winning this part of my family became a pack of campaigners, it really strained things.

But now that they’ve gone back to being s**t, balance has been restored and harmony returned. I’ve learned that for the sake of the family, Richmond need to remain s**t for an eternity. It’s a delicate balance than cannot be messed with.
Richmond AND Carlton are out of the eight. Now we just need those flogs from Windy Hill to drop off and order will be restored to the universe!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back