Roast Our fitness department - highly offensive/offended

Remove this Banner Ad

So Rucci drops today that Bode had issues with some of the people in the department, that’s been alluded to by some on here already, but then he went on to say we gave him a significant pay cut for all his years of service.

Now surely this would have been a Burton decision, but someone must have okayed it, FFS FAGAN.
We have backed the wrong horse - the lame horse & now we have to remove him.

Good managers make good decisions about the key people around them. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out that Burton is incompetent.

The best thing AFC could do is sack Burton immediately & gives us a fresh start. The coach & the players don't appear to have confidence in Burton or his program & the inky way of rectifying this is removing him... otherwise he will hold this club back, which is a waste given the talent on our list.

Common knowledge he and Burton didn't get along. He did his job pretty well IMO, and was highly regarded inside the club

Tredrea mentioned something similar about Bode and Burton in this weekly article in the Advertiser a couple of weeks ago also.
Off field in the last couple of years we’ve lost Noble, Pods, Teague, Bode and have had Burton, Hart and Reilly (ex players) & Francou (returning home to SA) take up important HP / coaching positions. The question does need to be asked, are we doing our best to get the best people in the right seats, because IMO we are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So Rucci drops today that Bode had issues with some of the people in the department, that’s been alluded to by some on here already, but then he went on to say we gave him a significant pay cut for all his years of service.

Now surely this would have been a Burton decision, but someone must have okayed it, FFS FAGAN.
No, he wanted to stay and offered to take less to do so, we said on your bike. He dared to question Lord Burton.

Tredrea mentioned something similar about Bode and Burton in this weekly article in the Advertiser a couple of weeks ago also.
Off field in the last couple of years we’ve lost Noble, Pods, Teague, Bode and have had Burton, Hart and Reilly (ex players) & Francou (returning home to SA) take up important HP / coaching positions. The question does need to be asked, are we doing our best to get the best people in the right seats, because IMO we are not.

We don't look for the best person. We decide who we want and then rig an interview process around proving that decision right.

No one of a high caliber is moving to A town mate. It’s just not cool enough. Makes me wonder if Fagan is actually any good given he was prepared to move from the eastern states to SA.

No one of a high caliber is moving to A town mate. It’s just not cool enough. Makes me wonder if Fagan is actually any good given he was prepared to move from the eastern states to SA.
We got Poulos from Sydney. Same with ROK. We just don't try to get them or pay enough to make it worth it.

He was from here originally and most probably wanted to come home to be closer to his parents because he was about to start a family.

The question needs to be asked....is Burton the biggest w***er to ever hold down a job at the Crows ???
Trig was an idiot....but probably still smarter than Bird brain.

No. The people that hired him in the first place are. The only hope for us is if Burton, Roo, Fagan, Chapman and the rest of the board assess their own performance and decisions and then sack themselves. Yeah, that's not going to happen. The supporters pockets are too deep and too available for them to put the interest of the club ahead of the gravy train. Pricks the lot of them.

He was from here originally and most probably wanted to come home to be closer to his parents because he was about to start a family.
He wanted out of Union and went for an available sports CEO job available. I don't think it's family related because my suspicions tell me he'll be pitching for a job in a bigger market of Melbourne when he can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he's slightly out of his depth in terms of his footy acumen and has potentially put his trust into the wrong people, business wise though he seems to be okay.

The system that allowed the appointment of Burton in the first place is the problem. Fagan is a massive part of that system. I couldn't care less how many sponsors or baseball teams he has won.

"kill 'em all".

Which is my major concern with our club.

Burton is out of his depth in a key role & will continue to hinder our success until he is replaced with a competent person.

I'm not fussed he is mates with Roo, but I am annoyed he can't perform his role competently.

I notice Fagan made no mention of building the best footy department in his letter, which I find concerning.

Fagan is a pure fraud. "Don't judge me upon our footy dept, judge me upon our potential revenue streams from my acquisitions". He's a disaster. Would not have thought that we could do worse than Trigg and Noble, but here we are. Having said that, the board should have gone years ago, so what hope do we really have that the right people will be recruited into the right seats. We can't improve until the ferret and most of his mates piss off. But he's here for life because there's no mechanism to remove him or his incompetent mates.

We all know there is a lag effect with training programs.

It’s why Burton looked relatively good in his first year; and then it went to s**t.

It’s why Sando looked good in his first season; and then it went to s**t.

We need to sack both of these incompetents, immediately, and find a gun fitness guru right now.

This season is a write off, we aren’t coming back from it.

If we act now, we might be able to salvage next season.

Nah, we'll back our incompetents in to turn it around. Don't forget that Fagan isn't actually judged against his 'best possible" footy department. He's judged against pie in the sky profit making loss making acquisitions. He's worse than Trigg. At least Trigg did nothing, this bloke furqs our footy dept whilst acquiring loss making assets. He's a complete disaster. After he clears his mechanism, I hope his desk is next.

Lets hope so.
I hope Pyke has enough say in the matter to make the AFC swing the axe on those guys

Pyke won't rock the boat. He created a perfect structure and blames the players for not implementing it. He'll finish up with a record near identical to Craig. Structure and continuity is his entire belief system.

Everything I'm hearing is the same.

Would be OK if he knew what he was doing, but given he doesn't, we need to sack him ASAP as he is single-handedly making us mediocre.

If Fagan can't see and implement this, then he's complicit. Burton is clearly out of his depth, but he's not the elephant in the room. How do you expect to recruit the best when the recruiter is not close to the best.

There would be a huge backlash.

Equivalent of Tippett-gate which will cost Fagan & Chapman their jobs.

They would be complete idiots to back the wrong horse.

Trigg-gate cost nobody their jobs. Welcome to perpetual self re-election. Nothing will change, in 2 years we will still have the same department heads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back