Roast Our fitness department - highly offensive/offended

Remove this Banner Ad

Trigg-gate cost nobody their jobs. Welcome to perpetual self re-election. Nothing will change, in 2 years we will still have the same department heads.
Not immediately, but in the end the pressure applied to Trigg forced him to look elsewhere... but a competent board would have sacked him.

Same now goes for Burton, who has singlehandedly cost us another crack at the flag. If Fagan is true to his word if building the best football department, he will sack this walking disaster & not make the same mistake of appointing without a proper interview process. I have my doubts...

Last edited:

Not immediately, but in the end the pressure applied to Trigg forced him to look elsewhere... but a competent board would have sacked him.

Same now goes for Burton, who has singlehandedly cost us another crack at the flag. If Fagan is true to his word if building the heat football department, he will sack this walking disaster & not make the same mistake of appointing without a proper interview process. I have my doubts...

Fagan isn't. He's a major concern.

Any proper review needs to be conducted by external consultants or would be a sham.

We didn't run an external review after Trigg-gate, we won't be running one now. Fagan will be gone in 12-18 months and we'll then find out that gaming and baseball were resource draining. Fagan will leave us in a worse position than Trigg.

Fagan is a pure fraud. "Don't judge me upon our footy dept, judge me upon our potential revenue streams from my acquisitions". He's a disaster. Would not have thought that we could do worse than Trigg and Noble, but here we are. Having said that, the board should have gone years ago, so what hope do we really have that the right people will be recruited into the right seats. We can't improve until the ferret and most of his mates piss off. But he's here for life because there's no mechanism to remove him or his incompetent mates.

The AFC board is the problem not the people they protect (Trigg) and the people they appoint.

Same now goes for Burton, who has singlehandedly cost us another crack at the flag. If Fagan is true to his word if building the best football department, he will sack this walking disaster & not make the same mistake of appointing without a proper interview process. I have my doubts...

Trigg finally being shown the door had nothing to do with the courage or integrity of the AFC board. It was purely supporter driven. In the end they just couldn't hold out anymore. If it was up to Chapman and the Board Trigg would most likely still be holidaying in the Bahamas with Chapman on our dime. Burton and co need to go no doubt, but in the end until the board gets moved nothing will change.

Trigg finally being shown the door had nothing to do with the courage or integrity of the AFC board. It was purely supporter driven. In the end they just couldn't hold out anymore. If it was up to Chapman and the Board Trigg would most likely still be holidaying in the Bahamas with Chapman on our dime. Burton and co need to go no doubt, but in the end until the board gets moved nothing will change.
I don't disagree at all.

We need a board & CEO that make good decisions & are fully accountable without the need to apply pressure from outside. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case.

We didn't run an external review after Trigg-gate, we won't be running one now. Fagan will be gone in 12-18 months and we'll then find out that gaming and baseball were resource draining. Fagan will leave us in a worse position than Trigg.
He has his trophy.

Nah, we'll back our incompetents in to turn it around. Don't forget that Fagan isn't actually judged against his 'best possible" footy department. He's judged against pie in the sky profit making loss making acquisitions. He's worse than Trigg. At least Trigg did nothing, this bloke furqs our footy dept whilst acquiring loss making assets. He's a complete disaster. After he clears his mechanism, I hope his desk is next.
Do you have any proof they're loss making assets or are you just talking out your arse?

Last edited:
So Rucci drops today that Bode had issues with some of the people in the department, that’s been alluded to by some on here already, but then he went on to say we gave him a significant pay cut for all his years of service.

Now surely this would have been a Burton decision, but someone must have okayed it, FFS FAGAN.

Can confirm. Problem with Burton and big pay cut

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And therein lies the problem.

If Fagan insists on running the AFC like a 'Business' (which, lets face it, most CEOs get tasked to do) then he absolutely MUST enforce ACCOUNTABILITY across the organisation.

If constant failure and non-performance is accepted then there is no way to create a culture of performance and what is acceptable and what is not.

How in Gods name could Burton sit down at the end of year review with his boss Fagan and look him in the eye and say he achieved any sort of KPIs or KRAs.

Ive been working in an ASX top 20 company in a corporate role for 11 years and have seen/heard all of the buzzwords, 'blue sky' ideas, 'creating a culture of development/perofmance' etc etc etc...

Bottom Line - Burton is an absolute failure and will not hold the likes of Hass, Campo, Hart, Clarke etc ACCCOUNTABLE.

So Rucci drops today that Bode had issues with some of the people in the department, that’s been alluded to by some on here already, but then he went on to say we gave him a significant pay cut for all his years of service.

Now surely this would have been a Burton decision, but someone must have okayed it, FFS FAGAN.
I have confidence that Bode would have done a better job than Burton or Hass in either role. What a * up.

It’s a fantastic spectator sport, one of the very best in the world

Maybe ice hockey is as good in person, but not much else

I saw one of the last games of hockey in the Montreal Canadiens Forum in ‘95.
The bar was about 10 Metres from my seat that was a bad idea.
The game is so fast I found it hard to follow where the puck was at, we had a win to the best of my memory.

Famous last words....

"Thanks for the years of service Nick (Poulos) and Matty (Bode), but Bird will take it from here"

From the outside, it doesn't look a hard choice.
The coach who last year took us to a GF or the Footy Dept GM who decimated the club with a range of poor decisions.

But Fagan's talk of the best people in the right seats doesn't look promising at the moment.
Hopefully it is a 'line in the sand' type of moment for him.

Any chance Pyke walks away if Burton is still there next year ?

Being that Pyke can approach this decision without that greatest of motivators (money). His reputation is at stake now.
It will be telling as to what really is the issue.

I mean he's about 5% right.

We only know about 5% of the brains capacity. I'm sure that's what Chappy meant...... maybe..... yeah probably not.

I can only remember about 5% of what I’ve learned. :(

Yes, it gets all cosy and insular where the view of things is very internal and the need to open things up and move people on becomes distasteful and lacks 'continuity'

Tredrea mentioned something similar about Bode and Burton in this weekly article in the Advertiser a couple of weeks ago also.
Off field in the last couple of years we’ve lost Noble, Pods, Teague, Bode and have had Burton, Hart and Reilly (ex players) & Francou (returning home to SA) take up important HP / coaching positions. The question does need to be asked, are we doing our best to get the best people in the right seats, because IMO we are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And how did I forget to mention Poulos out, Hass (due to Burton’s big promotion to Head of Football) in. Baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do you have any proof they're loss making assets or are you just talking out your arse?

Do you have any proof that they're not? There's no evidence whatsoever that running either of these kinds of ventures make money. Still it's a bit more exciting than Trigg's genius move to set up a shop in Regent Arcade. Result will be no different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back