Our next coach

Who should be our next coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herald Sun frontpage story (hidden behind paywall) has "two left-field" candidates for our coaching position. Can anyone tell us who they are?

Couple of the quotes...

"Brisbane coach Chris Fagan has backed his football boss David Noble as a potential left-field senior coaching candidate after his name was raised in connection with the vacant Carlton job"

"Meanwhile, Kane Cornes today said Scott Camporeale would be the perfect replacement for Brendon Bolton."

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...ive-coverage/ee32d276e3f1ad83df45040aa75a92e1

Last edited by a moderator:

Couple of the quotes...

"Brisbane coach Chris Fagan has backed his football boss David Noble as a potential left-field senior coaching candidate after his name was raised in connection with the vacant Carlton job"

"Meanwhile, Kane Cornes today said Scott Camporeale would be the perfect replacement for Brendon Bolton."

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...ive-coverage/ee32d276e3f1ad83df45040aa75a92e1

Given my post to the posted article was deleted I'll pull a Luke Darcy and say it again here....

Scott has turned down opportunities elsewhere to interview for a head coaching position. He is currently very happy being Pyke's assistant coach because it enables him to live a happy and fulfilling family life. Of course, the Carlton position may be something that would change his mind because of his status at the club but until he says otherwise it seems to be a connection to our club and as Cornes pointed out his credentials.

If the Carlton Football Club hires James Hird in any capacity I'll protest outside Princes Park wearing a onesie designed like a giant syringe and invite as many other people who are interested in protesting with me.

How will he go with Camporeale as his assistant?

How will Hird go with Camporeale as his assistant?

Hopefully Hird will go to Hell.

I'm sorry. I'd rather Carlton hire Sharrod Wellingham or Darren Milburn as our tackling coach than have Hird step foot at Princes Park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Carlton Football Club hires James Hird in any capacity I'll protest outside Princes Park wearing a onesie designed like a giant syringe and invite as many other people who are interested in protesting with me.
I'll be in it but i will wear something warm.

Hird inspired my backside... because at the moment we need to risk being "inspired" by bringing in a failed coach who could only get his players to perform by the use of banned substances.

The only way Tird would be our coach is if the AFL forced our hand and if that occurs, I and every other Carlton member would be done with the club... a club killer... so Grant here's my middle finger and a big up yours to you and your inspired choice! Wherever you go and whatever you say brings about more destruction that an earthquake of rictor scale 12.

Another point to make is that the club will not risk making "inspired" choices here... for me it's someone that been around the traps already and will help unite the club.... and again I'll say it.. Brett Ratten... that would be more inspired...

1. We give a favourite son a second chance at senior coaching.
2. We give a favourite son a second chance at coaching the club he was sacked first time around from.
3. Forgiveness and unity all around!!!
4. Ratten is 100000% more respected within the industry at present than Tird.
5. Not one Carlton person would stand for Tird to be coach... in fact the board would be over-thrown and Tird sacked before he could even coach a game.
6. Grant you want a ballsy decision.. then go get * to sacl Worsfold and they can bring him back in... leave us out of it.

Paul Roos' desperation was very transparent on Fox Footy just now lol.

"bwaaa bwaaa they haven't spoken to me yet. Don't they know that i'm the self appointed guru. There's still time for them to call me though. It's a long year"

With his business venture, he needs Clubs more than they need him imho. If Melbourne continue to even out and fade away, he despately needs something more than a 10 yo record at Sydney to hang his hat on as the all knowing guru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back