Outnumbered Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Zebra

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Jun 29, 2004
Hung Like a Horse
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am sure we did.

I used to respect those *****, but they have proven to be the biggest front running supporters in the league.

Our crowds may be small, but at least we are consistent.

Yeah you can usually count on a 40,000+ crowd vs Essendon regardless of the time or day. Tonight they have cost us money.

Get your hands off it guys, there were plenty of Scum supporters at the ground,
maybe more then us.

Probably because we are playing terrible ATM and big controversy with Knights ect .....

(I hope you guys don't mind opposition posters on your board.)

Thought it was 50/50 (perhaps slightly in our favour), but we were louder by a good few decibels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely more North than Essendon last night
Well you'd hope so given it was your home game...

Whole crowd was disappointing last night IMO. It was a tight game for most of the night yet there wasn't much noise from either set of supporters. I rememberthe days when these games would draw 70k at the G.

Well you'd hope so given it was your home game...

Well that hasnt always been the case...

Whole crowd was disappointing last night IMO. It was a tight game for most of the night yet there wasn't much noise from either set of supporters. I rememberthe days when these games would draw 70k at the G.

Yes was thinking that last night also, even filled the Dome round 1 a few years ago... shows a fair percentage of fans are not keen to hang around for the rebuilding years.

About the 15K of us that come just about every week, broke even at least - and there was plenty of noise from where I was sitting. I'd say a disappointing Essendon crowd but I wasn't surprised given their form, between protesters and bandwagonners their crowds have dropped off badly. Hope we get that jumper thing sorted for home games from next year, at least Pies come rain or shine.

About the 15K of us that come just about every week, broke even at least - and there was plenty of noise from where I was sitting. I'd say a disappointing Essendon crowd but I wasn't surprised given their form, between protesters and bandwagonners their crowds have dropped off badly. Hope we get that jumper thing sorted for home games from next year, at least Pies come rain or shine.

That game when Thommo kicked the winner late in the game at the Dome in 2005 attracted 33K. That was the year Collingwood 'achieved' priority picks.

North "supporters" make me sick.

I know it applies to none of you on here but why is it ok for most to turn up on a Saturday night against Essendon or Collingwood or a Friday against Carlton but where the **** are they when we need them against Freo or Port on a Sunday.

Not good enough!!!

Didn't go and not upset about it either (even though we won).

After last year (with the disgusting game dished up and the fact it's ALWAYS your home game) I won't ever go to an away game vs you again.

I travel interstate (often watching us lose) and attend all the other away games here in Melbourne but won't be a statistic or pay $$$$ for your mob.

I know many others feel the same.

30K eh we were only 3K short of that last week against West Coast. ;)

There'll be 45K + next week at our home game against Saints, 70K+ following two weeks against Blues and Pies at the G (both our home games too).

After last year (with the disgusting game dished up and the fact it's ALWAYS your home game) I won't ever go to an away game vs you again.

I travel interstate (often watching us lose) and attend all the other away games here in Melbourne but won't be a statistic or pay $$$$ for your mob.

There'll be 45K + next week at our home game against Saints, 70K+ following two weeks against Blues and Pies at the G (both our home games too).

I agree you guys get a terrible run with fixturing.

I dont know why the AFL don't schedule 22 Essendon Home games against top drawing Melbourne sides at the G every year, IMHO it is the biggest travesty in our game today. God knows why the AFL haven't given them Good Friday yet either, that is the second biggest travesty.

So basically, you're not really an Essendon supporter as much as an anti North supporter?

What a w***er.

watching on tv there was near on nothing in the way of essendon supporters. About 4 people in their cheer squad.

Thats because of the farcial ticketing setup that your club employs for home matches. Everytime a North game is on tv nobody is sitting behind the goals, it looks ridiculous, make that area gen admission.

I reckon the crowd was 50/50. Didnt look to be many North fans on the medallion club side of the ground.

Thats because of the farcial ticketing setup that your club employs for home matches. Everytime a North game is on tv nobody is sitting behind the goals, it looks ridiculous, make that area gen admission.

I reckon the crowd was 50/50. Didnt look to be many North fans on the medallion club side of the ground.

We've tried to fix that - blame Collo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back