Banter Part 2 Opposition welcome. Puppy Dog Play Time #486

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its really nice to see you purple types on here. Welcome.:p

Serious question - shouldnt you be called the Fremantle 'lumpers'? Being a student of history, I am led to believe that there is no such thing as a 'docker' or a 'wharfie' at the Port of Fremantle. They were lumpers. What is the problem then? 'Go the lumpers' doesnt have quite the ring of 'Go the dockers'? A bit pejorative, n'est ce pas?

One more point. Please try for some innovative banter and insults! Other opposition fans have kept opting for the toothless jokes, and the criminal jokes, yada yada yada. So dull and boring. We would love to hear something different, maybe even (for a first) something clever and incisive.:)

And another point (I am talking to myself?).

What has happened to the green in your guernsey? Is there a 'Bring back the green' movement? If so, I'd like to lend my support. I was absolutely thrilled when you arrived on the AFL scene, with green in your jumper. Alas, no more, apparently?

Its really nice to see you purple types on here. Welcome.:p

Serious question - shouldnt you be called the Fremantle 'lumpers'? Being a student of history, I am led to believe that there is no such thing as a 'docker' or a 'wharfie' at the Port of Fremantle. They were lumpers. What is the problem then? 'Go the lumpers' doesnt have quite the ring of 'Go the dockers'? A bit pejorative, n'est ce pas?
To be honest I hate the dockers tag. Lumpers wouldn't be bad for novelty factor, and besides spiritually we are wharfies. You've it heard it before, "come on boys, put on your superman capes, it's wharfie time!."

I did a google image search on 'lumper' and the image below popped up. Imagine if it was your logo and you won the GF, how ironic would it be for a laugh?

lumpers-300x225.jpg

We've had a banter thread for a while, seems the other one may have been locked.

Oh ok. Only just stumbled across this one.
Think we have VJ locked up in our basement watching the 1970, 1979 and 1981 GF's.

I'm still going on issues with the Freo guernsey.

What about the anchor? Loved that too. Has it been reduced to a teeny weeny abstract graphic version of an anchor - in other words not even discernible as an anchor?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all the interstate teams I probably like Freo the best.

Yeah, of all the made up teams. I prefer Port, as they are a real club, but Freo is the best of the rest.

I have a pair of purple boots (true story), and I expect to wear them to this year's GF, to help Freo beat Sydney or the Hawks. I'm sure my attire will assist.

Last edited:
One more point. Please try for some innovative banter and insults! Other opposition fans have kept opting for the toothless jokes, and the criminal jokes, yada yada yada. So dull and boring. We would love to hear something different, maybe even (for a first) something clever and incisive.:)
We feel the same about the 'no premiership' jokes. But they're sure to keep on coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back