Paul Turk talks pre-season training 13/1

Thanks Dunder!

Good to hear the boys are in their best shape for a long time.

Considering we made the 4 in 07 and just missed it in 08, and the fact we have a fairly young list who are finally getting to the fitness required, things are lookin good for the year!

Looking forward to reading some training reports

And don't forget it's Turk's third year at the helm, and by all reports the majority of the list while still young now have hardened bodies. Meaning they should be fitter and therefore more consistent throughout the year!

yeah, but we don't normally hear that there's only one player on a modified training program

No doubt. That places us in a great position going into the season.

Only hope we can maintain a healthy list going into the actual season.

We hear that every pre-season.

Lets see how we go on the field.

One diffence I noticed - in a similar type of interview with Turk last year, he talked about how you can structure all the right sessions and get them right, but you can't totally control each players personal intensity with an exercise, and if they aren't personally motivated to push themselves further, there is not much you can do to get them to that really elite level. There was almost a bit of frustration in his voice.

In this video, he mentions (a few times) that the players are really self motivated this year and that many are doing extra sessions and the problem that now exists is trying to hold them back so that they don't burn out.

Good signs.

One diffence I noticed - in a similar type of interview with Turk last year, he talked about how you can structure all the right sessions and get them right, but you can't totally control each players personal intensity with an exercise, and if they aren't personally motivated to push themselves further, there is not much you can do to get them to that really elite level. There was almost a bit of frustration in his voice.

In this video, he mentions (a few times) that the players are really self motivated this year and that many are doing extra sessions and the problem that now exists is trying to hold them back so that they don't burn out.

Good signs.

Indeed it is. I suspect the way we finished last season still burns alot of the players.

But that said, we won't really know until we see how things go when the season actually starts.

I guess the NAB cup might also be an opportunity.

Back