Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Again I'm glad it's not on foxtel/7mate this week.

Has there ever been a worse team with a good record? Even first half of the season we could all see they were just scrapping by. Both co-ordinators (and Patricia) are gone at a minimum. Will be a very interesting off season

Again I'm glad it's not on foxtel/7mate this week.

Has there ever been a worse team with a good record? Even first half of the season we could all see they were just scrapping by. Both co-ordinators (and Patricia) are gone at a minimum. Will be a very interesting off season

We're seeing today just how bad the 'scheme' is without the world beating talent at wide out.

Like, laugh out loud level of pathetic. No one involved other than Stout should keep their job.

It gets super ugly when the D-line aren’t papering over 100 cracks.

It gets super ugly when the D-line aren’t papering over 100 cracks.

It gets super ugly when Smith and Brown can't cover the fact that our plays have no routes and our quarterback can't read defences.

Nah, I don't think he gets next season when we lose in the wild card.

This is the single worst debacle in NFL history. Dude's had no answers.
I reckon making the SB has given him one get out of jail free card, which he's used this season. Of course if we get blown out in the wildcard then maybe that makes his firing more likely, but I dunno I reckon they clean out the staff around him first.

Such a talented roster and it's being pissed away by this coaching group. It's unbelievable.

I reckon making the SB has given him one get out of jail free card, which he's used this season. Of course if we get blown out in the wildcard then maybe that makes his firing more likely, but I dunno I reckon they clean out the staff around him first.

Such a talented roster and it's being pissed away by this coaching group. It's unbelievable.

Doug won one and got one bad year.

This is the worst the Eagles have ever been under Lurie. Better coaches have been fired for less. He's gone.

Doug won one and got one bad year.

This is the worst the Eagles have ever been under Lurie. Better coaches have been fired for less. He's gone.
Post superbowl every season was mediocre.

Edit. Though I will say that the offensive talent on this team is better than what Doug had post SB.

Post superbowl every season was mediocre.

Edit. Though I will say that the offensive talent on this team is better than what Doug had post SB.

Doug was an Alshon drop away from being back in the NFC champs game the next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder why Nick couldn't bring across better coaches at the end of last season
Apparently DC job was down to Desai and the current Ravens DC. Would’ve been interesting to see how the defence would have been with him in charge. Ravens defence is obviously performing pretty well, but they’re defensive talent is more evenly spread than this group.

Wonder why Nick couldn't bring across better coaches at the end of last season

The problem is he has no capacity to assess what is good or bad.

The defence isn't just a coordinator problem, the entire defensive philosophy (bend, don't break) based upon Fangio's scheme is currently demonstrating diminished returns across the league.

Offensively, they're just incompetent. He wants to be the mind on that side of the board, he's responsible for this pre-school s**t.

Again, he should be fired. What is he good at?

Apparently DC job was down to Desai and the current Ravens DC. Would’ve been interesting to see how the defence would have been with him in charge. Ravens defence is obviously performing pretty well, but they’re defensive talent is more evenly spread than this group.
Wouldn't mind Frank Smith at the Dolphins

I heard on the Around The NFL podcast (would recommend) that Fangio was meant to be the guy as he was a consultant last year. When he went to the Dolphins we were caught flat footed and ended up with Desai.

We weren’t super sold on Desai as we also brought in Patricia

I heard on the Around The NFL podcast (would recommend) that Fangio was meant to be the guy as he was a consultant last year. When he went to the Dolphins we were caught flat footed and ended up with Desai.

We weren’t super sold on Desai as we also brought in Patricia

Yes, but I'm not convinced that would really make us all that much better. He's more competent, but the Fangio scheme itself is not the trend. We do not need more 'bend but don't break' defence.

Yes, but I'm not convinced that would really make us all that much better. He's more competent, but the Fangio scheme itself is not the trend. We do not need more 'bend but don't break' defence.

Agreed, we’d still be a bottom half of the league D. Desai is a Fangio guy anyway and it shows with the scheme.

Bend but don’t break works fine and can lead to turnovers if your front 4 actually gets pressure. Our lack of DL rotations has killed us down the stretch - SweatyJ and Haas being in on every snap all year has cooked them.

Agreed, we’d still be a bottom half of the league D. Desai is a Fangio guy anyway and it shows with the scheme.

Bend but don’t break works fine and can lead to turnovers if your front 4 actually gets pressure. Our lack of DL rotations has killed us down the stretch - SweatyJ and Haas being in on every snap all year has cooked them.

No, seriously, it doesn't work.

It cost us a superbowl last year, and every single coordinator / coach from Fangio's tree including Fangio oversees a sub-par defence this year.

Success in the NFL is being ahead of the trend. Organisationally we're pathetically trailing it right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back