Media Philreich’s Greatest Joke? His Captaincy.

Remove this Banner Ad

OPINION

New Swamprats captain jackster83 has this week sensationally given in to pressure from former captain philreich, naming him at full forward in place of Sweet FA Hall of Famer and 1000 goal kicker, okeydoke7.

It is a stunning move and a slap in the face to the universally loved, admired and respected okeydoke7.

philreich has relentlessly pursued the full forward position since kicking a couple of bags in the Mickey Mouse State of Origin series. Thinking he is the only ever player to get on the end of a few goals, his sense of entitlement led to continued pressure on new captain jackster83.

It has been, in my view, a disgraceful amount of pressure from the former captain on a new captain.

philreich is known as a nice guy, a joke teller. But the biggest joke was his captaincy. He abandoned ship at the end of a horrible on field campaign. While I sent many recruitment PMs and brought players such as The Jesus to the club, Philreich brought exactly nobody to the club in his entire reign. His best joke was his captaincy, running the club into the ground. Delegating work to others while doing nothing.

Philreich? I’d rather the third reich.

While his onfield performance was good during the barely followed SoO series, he single handedly ruined last season’s grand final. He posted the commentary of the game across about 300 posts, inexplicably surrounded by annoying song lyrics. Nobody knew what the hell was happening. The league’s creater Mobbs even re-posted the commentary without Phil’s ‘additions’ to ensure people could actually read the game.

Have I been out of form? Yes. The build up to 1000 took a bit out of me. But form is temporary and class is permanent.

A former captain demanding to take full forward despite having a 1000 goal kicker within reach of the all time record is disgraceful. Especially one who was a horrific captain and whose contribution to the league has started and ended at dad jokes.

As I sit wasting away in a forward pocket, I publicly ask jackster83 to be his own man. Over the next few weeks, decide who really contributes to this team on and off the field.

I expect to be back at full forward in the coming weeks, or else I’ll be up for grabs in the mid-season trade period.

I hope the league starts seeing philreich for what he is - a joke.

Last edited:

Hi okeydoke7.
Just out of curiosity - how many goals did you kick from full forward last week? 🤔
Goalless mate. It happens. I’ve kicked over 1000 - I think I’ve proven myself.

Philreich is overrated because he’s vanilla.

The under appreciation of greatness in this league does my bloody head in.

It’s become so ‘cool’ to not care what position you play or about your stats. You’re judged for striving for greatness. Tall poppy syndrome.

On the cusp of greatness, closing in on the all time goal kicking record which could have come this season, I’m shafted to a pocket despite averaging probably a career high for posts per match thread.

I’m just flabbergasted by the selfishness of Phil and the weakness of Jackster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The under appreciation of greatness in this league does my bloody head in.

It’s become so ‘cool’ to not care what position you play or about your stats. You’re judged for striving for greatness. Tall poppy syndrome.

On the cusp of greatness, closing in on the all time goal kicking record which could have come this season, I’m shafted to a pocket despite averaging probably a career high for posts per match thread.

I’m just flabbergasted by the selfishness of Phil and the weakness of Jackster.
I don't see how this is an impediment to your chase for the all time goal kicking record.

Based on output so far this season, there seems to be no meaningful difference between a forward pocket and a full forward at the Swamprats.

Jewelsbon - forward pocket - 6 goals after 4 games
Okeydoke7 - full forward - 6 goals after 4 games

Can't believe you ended his full-forward career T2B_
It wasn't personal. I copped a bit of a bath the week before and had a bit to prove. Just unlucky for okey he was the next opponent.

I don't see how this is an impediment to your chase for the all time goal kicking record.

Based on output so far this season, there seems to be no meaningful difference between a forward pocket and a full forward at the Swamprats.

Jewelsbon - forward pocket - 6 goals after 4 games
Okeydoke7 - full forward - 6 goals after 4 games
I’ll add you to the disrespectful group. I expected better.

I’ll add you to the disrespectful group. I expected better.
QOOTY is a results based business okey.

Your run at full forward started with a ruthless selection decision and it’s ended with one too as far as I can see.

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

OPINION

New Swamprats captain jackster83 has this week sensationally given in to pressure from former captain philreich, naming him at full forward in place of Sweet FA Hall of Famer and 1000 goal kicker, okeydoke7.

It is a stunning move and a slap in the face to the universally loved, admired and respected okeydoke7.

philreich has relentlessly pursued the full forward position since kicking a couple of bags in the Mickey Mouse State of Origin series. Thinking he is the only ever player to get on the end of a few goals, his sense of entitlement led to continued pressure on new captain jackster83.

It has been, in my view, a disgraceful amount of pressure from the former captain on a new captain.

philreich is known as a nice guy, a joke teller. But the biggest joke was his captaincy. He abandoned ship at the end of a horrible on field captain. While I sent many recruitment PMs and brought players such as The Jesus to the club, Philreich brought exactly nobody to the club in his entire reign. His best joke was his captaincy, running the club into the ground. Delegating work to others while doing nothing.

Philreich? I’d rather the third reich.

While his onfield performance was good during the barely followed SoO series, he single handedly ruined last season’s grand final. He posted the commentary of the game across about 300 posts, inexplicably surrounded by annoying song lyrics. Nobody knew what the hell was happening. The league’s creater Mobbs even re-posted the commentary without Phil’s ‘additions’ to ensure people could actually read the game.

Have I been out of form? Yes. The build up to 1000 took a bit out of me. But form is temporary and class is permanent.

A former captain demanding to take full forward despite having a 1000 goal kicker within reach of the all time record is disgraceful. Especially one who was a horrific captain and whose contribution to the league has started and ended at dad jokes.

As I sit wasting away in a forward pocket, I publicly ask jackster83 to be his own man. Over the next few weeks, decide who really contributes to this team on and off the field.

I expect to be back at full forward in the coming weeks, or else I’ll be up for grabs in the mid-season trade period.

I hope the league starts seeing philreich for what he is - a joke.
Hey okey - you know why I'm no longer captain? It's because I knew my time was up - maybe it's best for you to follow my lead, you washed up former goal sneak :).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back