Pick 1, Give us your best offer

Remove this Banner Ad

Weitering looks like the best #1 pick in a long time, KPP and no obvious flaws to his game. No way I'd be trading the pick unless it was for something very special. Looks to be one for the future

I'd hate to lose any of them, but I'm guessing from Hawthorn, the only players that would be considered in a trade for the number 1 pick would be:

Breust
Gunston
Hill
Roughead
Lewis

The rest are either too old (Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne etc.), too unproven (Langford, Ceglar, Anderson) or too injury prone (Rioli).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol worst list in the comp and you want to talk about possibly giving up the oppurtunity to pick the best young kid this year ? You should change the thread what would you give up for Murphy and yarran

:rolleyes:

Because that thread hasn't been done to death already on about 3 different boards

Hard to tell, i hear and believe they rate them both esp Hrovat.

Not having a go, but I have never really heard of a club not rating their young players on their list...

I know you have Talia + Roughead on your list, but Weitering looks a fantastic prospect as a CHB - if he develops as suspected and is around the no 1 mark, I think the Dogs would be silly not to consider trading Hrovat and Hunter for him. Especially because they aren't even close to being first string midfielders at the Dogs imo, despite their talent

Not having a go, but I have never really heard of a club not rating their young players on their list...

I know you have Talia + Roughead on your list, but Weitering looks a fantastic prospect as a CHB - if he develops as suspected and is around the no 1 mark, I think the Dogs would be silly not to consider trading Hrovat and Hunter for him. Especially because they aren't even close to being first string midfielders at the Dogs imo, despite their talent
Yeah you could be right, but i think we might have a proven back man in sights already, but i have heard what they are most likely going to get asked to give up for this particular player, and i say no way for now...

either two top 10 picks (Tigers with Rance and maybe a bad year are a chance here, say they finish 11th and get pick 8 and then pick 9 for Rance as a FA, not sure Saints/Dogs/Demons/Lions have anyone on their list as free agents who would net them a first round pick?)

or a very good young player (talking Shiel, Treloar, Stringer etc but clubs won't want no 1 so desperately that they would give up a player they've already put time into and are only just starting to reap rewards)

Weitering looks like the best #1 pick in a long time, KPP and no obvious flaws to his game. No way I'd be trading the pick unless it was for something very special. Looks to be one for the future

Especially with our KPP stocks.

We take Jacob Weitering, all things being the same as now. And we look elsewhere (Gibbs, Yarran) to get additional top 15-20 picks. 1, 20-21 depending on FA's (our second pick), and a pick around 15-24 depending on the exact trade would do nicely.

Which means we'll finish 2nd last and get pick 2.

U watch him play all the time do u ?

We tried this last year, I think it's safe to say that the #1 pick won't be traded, it simply has too much value to the club holding it and no club is willing to give up what it takes to secure the #1.

Bloody oath.
I want Weitering already.
No way should we entertain the idea of trading the #1 pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back