• Horne-Francis

Votes: 227 92.7%
  • Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction: Every year they spend an inordinate amount of time speaking to the #1 pick's family, dog, cat, neighbour and casual job supervisor.

This year they'll show the #1 pick for a couple of minutes then speak to Nick Daicos and discuss all things Collingwood for the next 15 minutes as the rest of the 1st round plays out in the background.

They will also have cameras at the Daicos house asking Nick whats it like going to the Pies and nothing will be mentioned about not getting selected at pick #1.. :laughv1:

I will no doubt be made to look foolish but is Callaghan being overrated because he is tall and a left footer?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

l dont think so. If JHF wasn't in the draft then l think besides the 2 father/ sons he would be close to the first pick anyway...Without JHF being there , the spread of players to pick from for the first pick would be greater.

I'd be more likely to point out that his mob would prefer you refer to him as Mr Dhurrkay, or just Dhurrkay cos using someone's first name after they are dead is pretty disrespectful actually. Maybe G. Dhurrkay.

Of course you don't have to do that.

Its just a way of paying respect to the dead.
Interesting point, I was totally unaware that this was a thing. Do you know why that is (last name is ok but first isn’t)?

Interesting point, I was totally unaware that this was a thing. Do you know why that is (last name is ok but first isn’t)?
Not really.... maybe...

i think its because the first name of someone belongs as much to the body the had while they were alive as anything else but their spirit is more connected to their family and eternity or what we call the dreaming.

But its more complicated than that because someone who is alive is made of different spirits, maybe like a higher spirit and a lower one that come together in a human and while the higher spirit may be gone the lower one is still around and associates with the name of the person who was alive, so saying that name might call that sopirit to come around, and cos its a "lower' that isn't a good thing.

A bit like the way you need chromosones from mum and dad to be conceived but obviously the spiritual side of it isn't associated with sex or gender.

So imagine one of those cartoon scenes where people have an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other whispering in their ear... the angel has gone but the devil is still hanging around (cos its associated with the earth and the angel is associated with the spirit world or the place "outside" spacetime, but that's my assumption it may be different and more complex than that) and when it hears the name of the dead person it comes around partly cos it thinks its still the dead person partly cos its pissed off it isn't in a body in the world experiencing life any more. But it doesn't have the angel there to moderate or control the worst aspects of its behaviour.

And this is my interpretation of it. i dunno how much is accurate and how much is me adding stuff that isn't accurate to try and make it make some sort of sense of it.

Not really.... maybe...

i think its because the first name of someone belongs as much to the body the had while they were alive as anything else but their spirit is more connected to their family and eternity or what we call the dreaming.

But its more complicated than that because someone who is alive is made of different spirits, maybe like a higher spirit and a lower one that come together in a human and while the higher spirit may be gone the lower one is still around and associates with the name of the person who was alive, so saying that name might call that sopirit to come around, and cos its a "lower' that isn't a good thing.

A bit like the way you need chromosones from mum and dad to be conceived but obviously the spiritual side of it isn't associated with sex or gender.

So imagine one of those cartoon scenes where people have an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other whispering in their ear... the angel has gone but the devil is still hanging around (cos its associated with the earth and the angel is associated with the spirit world or the place "outside" spacetime, but that's my assumption it may be different and more complex than that) and when it hears the name of the dead person it comes around partly cos it thinks its still the dead person partly cos its pissed off it isn't in a body in the world experiencing life any more. But it doesn't have the angel there to moderate or control the worst aspects of its behaviour.

And this is my interpretation of it. i dunno how much is accurate and how much is me adding stuff that isn't accurate to try and make it make some sort of sense of it.
I appreciate your thoughts. It’s a shame these things aren’t taught more in school.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who do we want and think will present JHF his jumper on stage assuming he hasn’t flown down to Melbourne for the draft next week
Brady can ask Norwoods coach to do it.

But in all seriousness, we open our boarders on the 23rd so Boomer can fly over for it, as long as he is doubled vaxxed.

Brady can ask Norwoods coach to do it.

But in all seriousness, we open our boarders on the 23rd so Boomer can fly over for it, as long as he is doubled vaxxed.
I still think JHF should be flown down to be with most of the rest of the draftees who will be taken in the first round in melbourne

in SA there will maybe only be one to 2 other player taken round 1 seems pointless having a venue for so few players

Well if that's the case, it should be Blighty.

Yeah, a mate of mine works with him on his radio show (SportsDay) based out of the CBD.

I've mentioned it before, but blight would be perfect and it would be worth it if only for the Crows' supporters outrage in a player who they think should be theirs (JHF) with an icon who they consider should be theirs (Mal)

Yeah that's what I thought. Up on the GC. Unless he has moved back.
He was at Palm Cove for some time. Not sure if he's still there. It's a long way from anywhere.

Back