Competitions Pieman Round 22 v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to change your banker for R21 do it here.
Only two rounds left, so think carefully about it ...

In case you've forgotten here's the leaderboard showing the banker you had for R20:

I can't see them... not that I'll see anything positive, my Pieman hopes are long rooted!
Just for you, DD: you are running 45th and your banker is Dahl. (Yep, I'd say you're rooted for 2013).

Out of interest, what browser/platform are you using? We need to make this work for everyone. Also have you tried (a) restarting your browser or (b) rebooting your PC/tablet/device?

Just for you, DD: you are running 45th and your banker is Dahl. (Yep, I'd say you're rooted for 2013).

Out of interest, what browser/platform are you using? We need to make this work for everyone. Also have you tried (a) restarting your browser or (b) rebooting your PC/tablet/device?

:) haha, thanks DW

Mac, OS 10.8, Safari recent-ish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEMAN RESULTS - ROUND 22 v BRISBANE
Well it still looks like going down to the wire. There are still quite a few with a theoretical chance of winning but grassman75 and StringyDog are the ones making the running and it looks like it's between those two. What will make it interesting next week is the potential for a big score against the Demons - just who will be the goalkickers?

Pieman Player of the Week
Late inclusion Dylan Addison was player of the week with 22 Pieman points. Second was Campbell (16) and third was Luke Dahlhaus (15). Then came Wallis (12) and Minson (11). These five were worth 76 points*.

Leading Pieman Players for the year are:
140 - Dahlhaus​
136 - Giansiracusa​
132 - Addison​
128 - Campbell​
125 - Markovic​
for a season total of 661*.
* based on pre-season handicaps

The KELVIN
The winner of this week's Kelvin for most points in a week was fitzroybulldog (56) from maddog37 (54) and Snarling Bulldog (51) in third place. Pieman title contender StringyDog was close up in 4th with 49 points (a good call to make the late switch to Addison!)

The PIEMAN
grassman75 (708) still leads, but StringyDog (686) has cut the lead by 10 points. cecil (659) has moved into 3rd at the head of a bunch separated by less than 20 points. However it seems unlikely any of these will overtake the leaders with one round remaining. Mid-season leader Palace03 (644) has slipped back to 6th.

Outside the unchanged top 10 the biggest movers were Buckingham (up 8 places to 12th) and Snarling Bulldog (up 8 places to 16th) but they look to have left their run too late.

The COLLINS
The winner of the Collins Award (most goals - no handicaps) has been a foregone conclusion for some weeks. Fossie 32 (109) still leads comfortably from cecil (101) with doggy3 (92) a long way back in third.

So will StringyDog (a.k.a. Griff's Revenge) finish runner-up two years in a row? Or will he crack it for his first crust? Can a bolter get up and beat them both? I will post some scenarios through the week.

Full leaderboard:

Dahlhaus looked pretty tired when he missed that last goal time for a rest next week and gee Addison was magnificent and can't be dropped, those two goals where breathtaking :oops:

Dahlhaus looked pretty tired when he missed that last goal time for a rest next week and gee Addison was magnificent and can't be dropped, those two goals where breathtaking :oops:
I can see at least two petitions going to MC this week!
I'll post more details later but here for the moment are the teams of the two leaders. Apart from Stringer (who probably won't play anyway) they have totally different teams, which means the results could swing dramatically one way or another.

grassman75
MURPHY
DAHLHAUS
COONEY
STEVENS
STRINGER-T1

StringyDog
ADDISON
STRINGER-T1
JONES-T2
DICKSON-T2
CORDY-T2

I can see at least two petitions going to MC this week!
I'll post more details later but here for the moment are the teams of the two leaders. Apart from Stringer (who probably won't play anyway) they have totally different teams, which means the results could swing dramatically one way or another.

grassman75
MURPHY
DAHLHAUS
COONEY
STEVENS
STRINGER-T1

StringyDog
ADDISON
STRINGER-T1
JONES-T2
DICKSON-T2
CORDY-T2
Are you running a book on the finish DW?

Cooney will be back, straight swap for Addison. (Well it went that way this week)
Jones will prob get a call up after 6 for willy

I've dodged a few bullets this year in my first pieman comp, same banker all yea ear I think and peaked at the end, led for 6 weeks now and still hold a 22 pt lead. Can't make the game as I will be away with my family. Will try and get to a pub to watch it.

Good luck stringy dog , I almost think you should be in front after your utensil, I mean dix-on up two weeks ago.

May the best team win, as long as its mine

Hmmmmm ... maybe I could frame a hypothetical market ... wait until I post more on this during the week.

I'm gonna back grassman75 then, cause everything I back lately turns to s**t :)

dogwatch, I changed my banker to Murphy, but you still have Cooney on the sheet.
Thanks - good pick-up. My apologies for any confusion but the scores are still correct. Your score is 23 (2 x 9 = 18 for Murphy + 1 x 5 for Griffen).

I made the late changes to the tables that do the calculations - I just forgot to add them to the column that displays the banker in text:oops:. Same goes for timtamWB but he chose Hunter as banker to replace Cooney.

I will fix it today to get the record straight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back