Pies set to miss out on Stevens

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by hotpie
If you say so.

Melbourne's problems are not in the midfield. You need a CHF, a CHB, a FB, and some muscle in the midfield and back flanks, and another goal sneak. Stevens can't fix those problems.
Miller and Smith are two potential stars at CHF, they will step up next year for sure. Carroll, Bizzell, Nicholson, Rivers and Ferguson can do the job in defence for the time being.

Yze, Stevens, Johnstone and Heffernan. At the end of the day you can only tag one of them. So Stevens can take a lot of pressure of TJ, Heff and Yze.

I'm excited!!!

Originally posted by Demon37
Miller and Smith are two potential stars at CHF, they will step up next year for sure. Carroll, Bizzell, Nicholson, Rivers and Ferguson can do the job in defence for the time being.

Yze, Stevens, Johnstone and Heffernan. At the end of the day you can only tag one of them. So Stevens can take a lot of pressure of TJ, Heff and Yze.

I'm excited!!!

That midfield looks positively AWESOME! You can stick Armstrong and Thompson in there as well, they are not slouches in the midfield!

If Pick 5 and Lamb is what we give up, then I'll be satisfied. Pick 3 should NOT be traded under any circumstances.

Melbourne's problems are not in the midfield. You need a CHF, a CHB, a FB, and some muscle in the midfield and back flanks, and another goal sneak. Stevens can't fix those problems.

no doubt we have a LOT of problems

however let me go thru your post

brad Miller will be our CHF. His second half of the year was enough to excite me, he is a presence at CHF. He will be thrust into it from round 1 2004. he is gonna hurt some people next year when they get in his way

CHB and FB - Ferguson and Carroll are 2 very promising players at that position, but i agree we need some experience there

Back flanks - plenty of muscle there. Brown, Whelan and Ward are all hard at it

Goal sneak - Vardy is one of the best in the biz, and im hoping like hell he gets fit this summer

Midfield muscle - yes we need this, Stevens would be a good addition cos he is a ball magnet, but he is not the power player we are looking for. We will no doubt draft Colin Sylvia, but not a lot can be expected straight away

lol...tagging heff..that's a good one. Prepare to spend extended periods on the bench :)

The Bombers are still very much in the mix. Considering that $olomon is gone, chances are that we're going to get a much better draft pick which we'll be able to use in negotiations with Port. Pick 13 + Pick 6 (From Richmond) For Stevens? Or Pick 13 + Jacobs + Bolton? Pick 4 + Jacobs? Plenty more potential there. The Demons definitely do have the edge if all Port want are draft picks, but Essendon has the edge in offering readymade, effective players.

Stevens will almost certainly go to Collingwood. His manager will probably talk up the interest in the Carlton offer to keep Port a bit concerned that he may try the pre-season draft route. Just enough to keep Port's asking price from Collingwood at a level the Pies are willing to pay.

Originally posted by Outoftheblue
Stevens will almost certainly go to Collingwood. His manager will probably talk up the interest in the Carlton offer to keep Port a bit concerned that he may try the pre-season draft route. Just enough to keep Port's asking price from Collingwood at a level the Pies are willing to pay.

Apparently Nick Stevens' and Mark Williams are with Max Stevens management, so I'm not sure whether there'll be any talking up of Carlton's offer since that would be detrimental to William's capacity to get the best out of trading Stevens.

Stevens will sit down with half a dozen clubs in the next week or so. Melbourne will get him if they want him.

But will he solve their problems?

Will he improve their team?

What will they offer Port for him?
The key question is Can Melbourne afford a $500,000 per annum player??

Answer: Not really. This is why they haven't chased Stevens as hard as other clubs.

I think Essendon are in the box seat.

However, Stevens' sudden love for Carlton, could see him end up there...and maybe for nothing!

Originally posted by Outoftheblue

They're doing it beautifully :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

expect essendon to go hardball

with jacobs and a draft pick combo

expect stevens and motlop at windy hill next year

Originally posted by electricsix
expect essendon to go hardball

with jacobs and a draft pick combo

expect stevens and motlop at windy hill next year
If the draft pick combo is two first round picks it might work, and we'll even let you keep Jacobs.

If the draft pick combo is two first round picks it might work, and we'll even let you keep Jacobs.

Find me an example in the last 15 years where essendon has traded their first pick..let alone 2 for a player...wont happen and i hope it doesnt because stevens aint worth it...

Originally posted by marcuz
Find me an example in the last 15 years where essendon has traded their first pick
Find me the last time Essendon traded for a 23 year old star midfielder.

essendon will trade picks this year

stevens is only 23 and essendon have a plethora of very good young talent: winderlich, reynolds, laycock, walsh, watson

it is worth it for them

i expect them to get a first rd pick for solomon and trade this with pick 13 for stevens.

however i think jacobs is more attractive to port as they really need a backman

stevens will be at essendon

Originally posted by electricsix
A young, tall, gorilla-type backman - yes. Jacobs - no.

Originally posted by marcuz
Exactly..so why start now.
You'd better ask your club about that.

essendon will trade picks this year

stevens is only 23 and essendon have a plethora of very good young talent: winderlich, reynolds, laycock, walsh, watson

it is worth it for them

i expect them to get a first rd pick for solomon and trade this with pick 13 for stevens.

stevens will be at essendon

This coming from the same poster who said and i quote" Brown will be at essendon next year"

Stevens is an overated sheepdog. Port will get plenty for him and will be better off without him. Steven Salopek will be a better player for port than stevens was and he will take his spot in a year or two

Edit: Please don't avoid the swear filter. Cheers.

Right with you there Lockyer24. Didaks girlfriend is moving over here and He is looking to purchaes a home in melbourne. Abloke I know is very pally with a few of the players and is involved in some property developments with them and says big things are expected of Didak at collingwood and he aint going nowhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back