HF: Scott Pendlebury, Travis Cloke, Chris Bryan
F: Alan Didak, Nathan Brown, Paul Medhurst
Foll: Cameron Wood, Dane Swan, Dale Thomas
I/C: Shane O’Bree, Sharrod Wellingham, Leon Davis, John Anthony
EMG: Danny Stanley, Tyson Goldsack, Alan Toovey
In: Davis
Out: Tyson Goldsack

Pretty unsurprising change really.

I'd like to see Stanley get a game so it will be interesting to see whether we get any late changes.

I've heard from some people that Leon isn't too good and they're holding him off for a few more weeks. This is just something i've heard so don't draw too much from it but personally i'm not expecting to see him until the Hawthorn match at the very earliest.

I've heard from some people that Leon isn't too good and they're holding him off for a few more weeks. This is just something i've heard so don't draw too much from it but personally i'm not expecting to see him until the Hawthorn match at the very earliest.
If so I'd hope to see Stanley come in and play in the middle

Disappionted that Dawes isn't in the side. I thought he would have done quite well against the Bombers.

I am pretty sure he won't play untill Next Year Now unless he plays in the last game at Subi to give players a rest for finals

How Does Hackwell and BJ still get games?

How Does Hackwell and BJ still get games?
Because maxwell, actually defends and helps a man unlike cox, and we need JA up front. SO no replacements there.

BJ is a differnt player to stanley cook and iles, all of whom dont play on small forwards where as BJ does, closest replacement is goldsack who is un fit maybe cox but see above.

Any moe selection questions you want answered dave?

im looking forward to seeing t.cloke and p.ryder go at it one on one! should be a good contest. both very talented young players!

im looking forward to seeing t.cloke and p.ryder go at it one on one! should be a good contest. both very talented young players!
Happened on Anzac day, cloke pantsed him and will hopefully do so again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been in the best in the last 2 weeks:rolleyes:
adn anthony was in the best every week dave.

Consistent effort over a space of time, will get you a promotion until youi dop something to lose it like cox did against melbourne. Dawes will come in in due course but best the last two weeks after a lengthy spell of mediocrity (alebit a useless midfield doesnt help) isnt enough for a senior game

Why? What's he done at VFL level that would warrant his inclusion?

Has shown a little bit at VFL level. He has been doing quite well in a really bad team. Out of the last 6 VFL games he has been in the best players about 4 or 5 times. I just think he would compliment Cloke really well. Just another big body to kick the ball to.

They didn't play on each other all day...

Cloke did barely anything for the first 3 quarters that day as well...
out marked ryder at least twice in the last, and then went through micheal and Johns there after.

Couldnt care less how the long the battle waged cloke beat Ryder and micheal and johns throughout the day

Been in the best in the last 2 weeks:rolleyes:

Which means exactly nothing.
Until he can dominate at VFL level, that is where he should stay.
He is a talent, but why people want to rush him, when clearly he is not ready speaks volumes about their lack of understanding far more than it does about Dawes.

DTM doing a :rolleyes: at other peoples posts is a contradiction in terms

So how many of the others have consistently been in the best each week for the VFL and can't crack it.......

Meanwhile some guys like Brown never dominated at VFL level however promoted when a position was available and never looked back. Wellingham, although good at VFL level, also seems much more comfortable with the pace at AFL level.

I think Dawes will be suited to the wider open spaces at the MCG and better delivery. Saying that I am happy with the selections as JA is doing a very good job.

out marked ryder at least twice in the last, and then went through micheal and Johns there after.

Couldnt care less how the long the battle waged cloke beat Ryder and micheal and johns throughout the day

haha its not like its a difficult task to beat mal or johns... especially considering how our midfeild were being smashed..

ryder was on cloke for probably less than a quarter.. i suspect if he plays on cloke this week he will have been told earlier in the week so he can prepare and will be on him all day, we will see how cloke goes then

haha its not like its a difficult task to beat mal or johns... especially considering how our midfeild were being smashed..

ryder was on cloke for probably less than a quarter.. i suspect if he plays on cloke this week he will have been told earlier in the week so he can prepare and will be on him all day, we will see how cloke goes then
We will indeed, and no beating johns and micheal isnt difficult

Meanwhile some guys like Brown never dominated at VFL level however promoted when a position was available and never looked back. Wellingham, although good at VFL level, also seems much more comfortable with the pace at AFL level.

I think in the VFL Finals Last Year Nick Sautner Kicked 8 Goals on Brown but Know look what he is doing in the AFL less then a Year Later

I think in the VFL Finals Last Year Nick Sautner Kicked 8 Goals on Brown but Know look what he is doing in the AFL less then a Year Later

He certainly is a freak Dave. Although he is the exception to the rule and not the norm, Brown has shown that anything is possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back