Game Day Play Misty For Me - Adelaide v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

A 20 point lead in modern footy is not exactly huge, especially at Etihad which is always played at a fast pace. We aren’t much better than Essendon. At full strength, yes we definitely are, but with a few out I always thought this was a danger game. We are a good team, a round one loss doesn’t change that for goodness sakes.

We are, and they had Merrett out for 3 quarters and we still got overrun.

I tipped Essendon anyway.

Bolton will get better IMO, same trick bag just needs to work.

Hope so haha anyway sorry for derailing the thread.

You guys will be 100% fine, had alot of guns missing tonight.

Obviously the loss is annoying but its round 1, let the druggos bask in their march premiership while we both finish top 4 and them bottom half of the 8.

Ffs , just what we need, debating the merits of Tigers players after a loss. Jesus Christ.

Are we going to do this each week with Richmomd supporters?

Gonna be a long ******* season.
I can't be bothered arguing that's why.

One game off top spot...keep it in perspective. As long as we learn from it and win next week it's not quite time to start clearing out a locker for Jack Lukosius
Your bloody persistent.

A 20 point lead in modern footy is not exactly huge, especially at Etihad which is always played at a fast pace. We aren’t much better than Essendon. At full strength, yes we definitely are, but with a few out I always thought this was a danger game. We are a good team, a round one loss doesn’t change that for goodness sakes.
“Were” I think is the word.
Our off season has been pretty horrendous
Bullies went from premiers to missing the 8. Sydney lost their first 6 which ultimately made it far too hard. Us being good last year don’t mean jack s**t for this year, considering the players we’ve lost and the way we capitulated last year.

“Were” I think is the word.
Our off season has been pretty horrendous
Bullies went from premiers to missing the 8. Sydney lost their first 6 which ultimately made it far too hard. Us being good last year don’t mean jack s**t for this year, considering the players we’ve lost.
We are still good, when 30% of the best 22 is back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys had a delayed pre season and were missing a heap of players. It’s Rd 1. You guys will be fine, it’s definitely not as bad as some of you think.

I reckon Valhuus is rooch, he'd say something like that
Just check the history of posts from Vhalus. He is probably lining up already at Adelaide Oval.

Why do we allow so many obvious trolls on our Board, let alone the Troll Moderator?

I am starting to have serious reservations about the Adelaide coach.

Considering Essendon's strengths and limitations, why would he allow their key play makers to run around and rack up so much uncontested ball?

It's the only way they could possibly beat you!

I am starting to have serious reservations about the Adelaide coach.

Considering Essendon's strengths and limitations, why would he allow their key play makers to run around and rack up so much uncontested ball?

It's the only way they could possibly beat you!
Oddly it worked up to 3/4 time. Then the crows kinda spectated for a quarter.

Yep, a lot of over analysing going on....we simply ran out of legs in the last quarter playing a good side on their deck with a home crowd advantage..

Is that running out of legs bit from lack of training or too much training?
Noticed Laird just collapsed with ball in hand 5 or so mins from the end, then was stretching out the cramps. Essendon not so much affected.
Richmond seemed to run out the match fine.
Theoretically Geelong and GWS should also crap out this weekend they both only played 1 game less so really can’t be any different.
We’ve looked out on our feet in all the practices as well.

All umps in my view. Every time there was a 50/50 including the two goals they got for holding were the result of both players holding...and then the overturning of Murphy's first goal - and there's the game - full stop. F*cking cheats!

Yah, a couple of those holding frees were crazy stuff, with both players holding.
It looked like the umpires were trying to get Essendon over the line in the end.
The Sloane HTB was BS and then the reversal decision by Pannell who was 40m away was ridiculous for the non sling tackle. Razor's face was just stunned

Is that running out of legs bit from lack of training or too much training?
Noticed Laird just collapsed with ball in hand 5 or so mins from the end, then was stretching out the cramps. Essendon not so much affected.
Richmond seemed to run out the match fine.
Theoretically Geelong and GWS should also crap out this weekend they both only played 1 game less so really can’t be any different.
We’ve looked out on our feet in all the practices as well.
I have noticed this too and wonder if they have changed the training. Normally they load up heavy going into the bye, hence our drop off around rounds 6-10 and build towards the end of the year. Also tend to get a few soft tissues here from memory. I wonder if they decided to try to hard from the start, hence the injuries and the tired look hoping we build from round 4-5 and come home strong with a full head of steam.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back