Prediction Player jumper numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif
Because only the rusted on footy tragics remember somebody named Presti.

But everyone knows Daicos :)

Scottie Burns wore 17 from my recollection.
Captain numbers over the years say since 1977 showing last two captains in 1.

• Max Richardson 1
  • Len Thompson 1
  • Ray Shaw 23
  • Peter Moore 30
  • Mark Williams 21
  • Tony Shaw 22
  • Gavin Brown 26
  • Nathan Buckley 5
  • Scott Burns 17
  • Nick Maxwell 5
  • Scott Pendlebury 10

Captain numbers over the years say since 1977 showing last two captains in 1.

• Max Richardson 1
  • Len Thompson 1
  • Ray Shaw 23
  • Peter Moore 30
  • Mark Williams 21
  • Tony Shaw 22
  • Gavin Brown 26
  • Nathan Buckley 5
  • Scott Burns 17
  • Nick Maxwell 5
  • Scott Pendlebury 10
Tarkyn Lockyer ripped off :(

Tarkyn Lockyer ripped off :(
He got to vice captain on memory didn't he?

On memory you might know, was he a candidate at some stage ?

He got to vice captain on memory didn't he?

On memory you might know, was he a candidate at some stage ?
In 2008 he was mooted as a candidate along with Fraser and Maxwell before Burns landed it. Think 2009 when Maxwell took over was pretty clear cut though.

In 2008 he was mooted as a candidate along with Fraser and Maxwell before Burns landed it. Think 2009 when Maxwell took over was pretty clear cut though.
That rings correct.
I was thinking hard and was sure he was at least touted and pre the Burns year of captaincy.
The feeling was something along the lines is Maxwell quite ready or do we give even one year to Burns or have the others you mentioned.

At the end they though one year or not, Scott B was ideal.
I did agree actually, he really was a fine choice.

That rings correct.
I was thinking hard and was sure he was at least touted and pre the Burns year of captaincy.
The feeling was something along the lines is Maxwell quite ready or do we give even one year to Burns or have the others you mentioned.

At the end they though one year or not, Scott B was ideal.
I did agree actually, he really was a fine choice.
The threads from that time are quite interesting reading. We really didn’t have one clear cut choice for 2008 - Clement and Buckley were the two we expected would lead but they both retired. Questions remained on Fraser’s intensity, Burns’ longevity, and Lockyer and Maxwell’s place in the 22.

Folks as it all winds up who will get new jumper numbers?

Who will likely move on and hence their jumper number becomes vacant?

We know with certainty that Stephenson will acquire a new number.

Who else?
This thing of 35 only being worn for one year by the first draft pick is an absolute joke and disrespects all those who have worn it before hand. It is now just passed around each year and no one player can make it their own like presti and daics. This dumb thing started by Eddie needs to stop, yes presti was a great club man but geez I want stevo to stick with 35.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thing of 35 only being worn for one year by the first draft pick is an absolute joke and disrespects all those who have worn it before hand. It is now just passed around each year and no one player can make it their own like presti and daics. This dumb thing started by Eddie needs to stop, yes presti was a great club man but geez I want stevo to stick with 35.
It’s not an idea that works in my view.
It’s run it’s course.

Though I don’t agree it disrespects previous wearers of 35.

Captain should always wear number 5 I reckon. It was a pretty neat tradition going from Buckley to Burns to Maxwell.

That should be the captains call.

35 isn't retired

Can't have equal first 1st year draftees, maybe whoever is 1st picked could alternate week-2-week or H&A

Except Burns didn’t wear it?

And neither did a lot of previous captains. Ray & Tony Shaw, Mark Williams, Rowdy Brown.

Reality is it had only very limited association with the captaincy prior to Bucks, and he had the number before he became captain.

I was rewatching some pies v bris games when he played against us last night and I wondered how he felt Clay played in #17.

When do they usually reveal jumper numbers?
Actually we tend to be a later than the other clubs; looking pre Christmas or thereabouts.

I doubt number 9 will be available.
Unless the Murray situation is clarified in the next month...we have to finalise our 2019 list by late November.
Meaning, we cannot delist him, he is contracted (unless he agreed to walk away).
Can only recruit a ‘replacement’ via mid season rookie draft.

I doubt number 9 will be available.
Unless the Murray situation is clarified in the next month...we have to finalise our 2019 list by late November.
Meaning, we cannot delist him, he is contracted (unless he agreed to walk away).
Can only recruit a ‘replacement’ via mid season rookie draft.
I don’t see why we can’t reassign Murray another number. Especially if we know he is unlikely to play.
Veteran players usually get priority on numbers from younger players. If Beams wants number 17 from Callum Brown or number 9 from Murray, he will probably get it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back