Prediction PLAYER JUMPER NUMBERS

Remove this Banner Ad

he might like to skip that episode...
It's ancient history now - I doubt there's a lot of negative feelings about it. It's just a funny thing that his dad played an ill-fated late career season with Collingwood.

You don't think that season would have come up in conversation in the past month or so when it's been relatively clear Mitchell was coming here?

It's ancient history now - I doubt there's a lot of negative feelings about it. It's just a funny thing that his dad played an ill-fated late career season with Collingwood.

You don't think that season would have come up in conversation in the past month or so when it's been relatively clear Mitchell was coming here?

well if he wore the same number it might encourage the fox people to raise his dad's ill-fated career ....but i'm sure they will anyway..

4. N Daicos
6. Hill
11. Mitchell
16. McStay
17. Frampton
23. 2nd draft pick
29. 3rd draft pick
34. 4th draft pick
35. 1st draft pick

There is talk Nick is keeping #35
I hope we continue the tradition. Presti sacrificed a lot for the team and it would do players well to remember that before whinging about being 40-50 minutes away from Mum in an era of efficient transport and technology such as video calls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we continue the tradition. Presti sacrificed a lot for the team and it would do players well to remember that before whinging about being 40-50 minutes away from Mum in an era of efficient transport and technology such as video calls.
Surely Presti would give his blessing, seeing what Nick might become

It was offered to him in his first year, he didn't want it.

thats because he didnt feel confident enough to take on the legend of presti.... if they were going to change their minds on this, it should have happened when they were considering drafting josh...

I dont like it and the more i think about it, the less I like it.

I like placing players next to other players in the locker room whom they identify with or can learn a great deal from...(when the opportunity arises obviously)

So I'd love to sit Ginni next to Jamie Elliot, the two of them have established a great partnership already but I think Ginni would benefit by seeing how hard Jamie works to be as good as he is. Similarly sitting Frampton next to Darcy Moore is the quickest way for the two tall defenders to gel and get to work as a pair. So I'd give Frampton number 29. For number 11, I reckon sitting Ash Johnson next to Pendles for a season (maybe 2) would show the lad what a professional footballer looks like and trains like...and that's all Ash needs...to see that up close.

Mitchell seems to like low numbers so I'd slip him 4 (he'll only have it for 3 years I'd guess) and McStay seems to fit that big, broad shouldered 23 jumper (just like Pebbles). Bobby Hill can start with us in 33, WHE has been a good clubman (alongside Crisp and Varcoe all those years) and would look after the lad.

17 is a number for a broad shouldered midfielder (always looked too big for Cal Brown)...Burns, Beams, Michael Richardson, Dougie Barwick....those sorts. Josh Carmichael fits the bill here, reckon after his first ever pre-season he'll come back looking like superman!

After that its just about getting the better numbers on blokes that need a change. 34 for a defender, easy...Charlie Dean. 16 for an up and comer...hand it to Aiden Begg.

35 stays with Nick Daicos (as it should) and we seek permission from the Millane family to grant 42 a recommission as our most revered jumper for our first draft pick.

That many kids would have got 33 on their jumper this year he’s probably got no choice lol.

When I visited the Collingwood shop earlier this year to get my jumper printed on (#30 of course!), I asked the kid who was doing the printing “what’s your most popular number?”. He straight away said “33 by far - we are constantly out of stock of the ‘3’s for printing”.

I really wanted to let Ginni know that when he was having a rough time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back