Crazy Tails

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
Collingwood Heartland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is there any other teams?
AFL site going with Ben Crocker signing on for 2 more years (now contracted until the end of 2019).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-20/longkicking-magpie-signs-on-until-2019

Also interesting little snippet at the bottom confirming Tom Phillips remains unsigned. Quoted as saying he's confident it will work itself out and that he will remain at Collingwood but he leaves it open to a possible move!

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Last edited:

damuzzdu

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2007
Hotel California
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Any chance of updating the OP? Seeing Brody Grundy was still out of contract made me feel like a Ryan Lonie right foot kick.

I'll help out my posting my contract status spreadsheet.

Pies Contract Status - 2018.PNG

damuzzdu

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2007
Hotel California
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Hey Damuzzdu,

The last contract news I can find for Blair is a 1 year extension last year meaning he's out of contract this year again?

You are not the first to ask this...

It was assumed he had signed a 1 year deal until this appeared on twitter:

upload_2017-9-24_17-6-24.png

upload_2017-9-24_17-5-9.png

Hope that clears it up for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bay Pie - great thread resource but with Grundy, Cox, Goldsack and others still not updated you've been MIA too long. Seriously in danger of not having your contract for next year (running the thread) renewed.:huh: Hope you are well, have seen you've still been online from time to time.

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll help out my posting my contract status spreadsheet.

View attachment 419335
Your player contract term spreadsheet is a great help with analysing whom could potentially be let go at seasons end in 2018 with over half our list coming out of contract & with the prospect of the Pies potentially landing two of the biggest all time FA's in Lynch & Sloane in 2018. It puts us in a very good position to create cap space.Reid, Greenwood, Aish, Oxley, Broomhead, Dunn, Blair, Varcoe and Goldy...just to name a few may all be gone at end of 2018...there's about $3Mill freed up. Giddy Yup Pies...

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Does Wills seriously have a contract until 2019?

That's absolutely criminal.
Suggest on minimal coin.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even so…
How can he have been given such a long term deal in the first place?

It's really poor list management when you look at how many over supply of mids we have.

He's a limited footballer and won't play many games.
I will assume you're not on his management team. :D
I don't see the contracts, don't know the terms, most clubs have a group of players on minimal contracts to cover depth and who they may have faith in and aren't expensive.
Not fussed myself.

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
Seeing a certain player with 2020 next to his name makes me vomit into my mouth a little, swallow it down and vomit it back up into my mouth a little again every time I see it.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even so…
How can he have been given such a long term deal in the first place?

It's really poor list management when you look at how many over supply of mids we have.

He's a limited footballer and won't play many games.
Crippled by injuries
Has grown in size could be a forward yet

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern
Crippled by injuries
Has grown in size could be a forward yet

He's slow, one paced and a poor kick of the footy/decision maker.

His only weapon is "contested ball" which is overrated as we don't need that. We have plenty of players capable winning the inside ball and he won't be getting games ahead of Pendles, Sidebottom, Adams, Treloar, De Goey, Wells, Greenwood.
Hell he isn't even better than Aish- who many still think is struggling.

I just don't see how we could have given a complete mature-ager with minimal weapons, such a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back