Players on your team other supporters continually underrate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez haven't port supporters brought up this cosy little stat? You guys enjoy repeating it ad nauseum.

The new north Melbourne supporters. Screaming "rate us" in every thread

Compared to last year where the Port defence was extremely costly?

You don't win a premiership in defence (just ask any saints or Freo fan). But you won't win one without a good defence. (Not saying Port will win the cup, I think Adelaide or Sydney will)

Grimes, though he's starting to emerge from the shadows.

If I'd been told Kane Lambert would play every game after Round 1 I'd have assumed wooden spoon, but he is earning his keep with zero kudos.

Adelaide's Lynch overlooked for years.

I would say Matt Crouch is the one that is overrated right now. Quantity exceeds quality, and he's a bog average user of the ball.

He doesn't have that penetrating kick like a Smith, but he knows his limits and usually finds a target. Plus, the Crows big strength is their ball movement, and a large amount of time the bloke who provides the release handball to start it is Crouch.

As an example, at the Crows he has a better disposal efficiency then Sloane, Douglas, Walker, Betts, Lynch just to name a few, all guys who are elite ball users.

Last edited:
Maybe a bit left field but Matt Crouch, he's averaging 32 disposals this year but whenever you hear anyone in the media talk about the Crows it's still as if Sloane is the only good midfielder we have.
I dont think it's left field. I was at our round 1 game. What I noticed was he seemed to have knack of turning up in the right place at the right time. Thats a function of reading the game well I guess.

Compared to last year where the Port defence was extremely costly?

You don't win a premiership in defence (just ask any saints or Freo fan). But you won't win one without a good defence. (Not saying Port will win the cup, I think Adelaide or Sydney will)

Actually I think Port will win it this year, they have been my pick for the last couple of months, and nothing in that time says I am wrong.

Jack Sinclair.
"No.1 ranked wingman in the competition" according to an article on AFL website this morning.
Always composed, great decision-maker and ball use is outstanding.

Not bad for a sub-50 game, 22yo rookie pick who until Round 6 this year, has spent his career in and out of our 22, wasting away in a forward pocket.

Taylor F'n Adams.

Arguably BOG today, and will likely win the Pies' B&F this year.

1st on the team in clearances per game (ahead of Adam Treloar and Scott Pendlebury).

3rd on the team in score involvements per game (behind Daniel Wells and Scott Pendlebury).

3rd on the team in goal assists per game (behind Scott Pendlebury and Josh Thomas).

3rd on the team in metres gained per game (behind Scott Pendlebury and Jeremy Howe).

The outdated perception of him as a "sideways hack with no hurt factor" is maddening. He's the Pies' second-best midfielder, behind Scott Pendlebury, not Adam Treloar.

Easily David Astbury, rarely gets beaten 1v1. His disposal isn't great, but you can always back him in against his opponent. Horrid run with injuries which is probably where I lot of these 'underrated' players come from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back