Players you are surprised are still on an AFL list

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, I also saw it against us with Jacob Townsend on a couple of occassions and Stringer twice. Happened against Josh Battle with Battle getting 3 MI50 against him, it happened against Gunston against Hawthorne and as you said, against Darling on the weekend

You may disagree with this assessment but a lot of Carlton fans I know are the ones who fed this to me and now that I've actually watched him play I have to agree with them.
He needs to build some strength, maybe a good supplement program. Do you know of any?

Darcy Lang. Never understood how Chris Scott gave him games at Geelong. I think he’s played 1 game for Carlton this year and did nothing. Carlton have taking in some real duds over the years. I think they took Billie Smedts off us also who got delisted after 1 season there. But back to Darcy Lang, he is good around goals and can kick you one or two but his accountability as a forward is lacklustre to say the least and he pulls out of contests. Stephen Wells has worked wonders in the draft over the years but had had his fair share of stinkers, Lang being one of them at pick 16. I honestly couldn’t not believe another team wanted him yet alone him still being on a list right now.
Silvagnis entire last mgt was based on what draft pick a player was.
Seems his focus.

Setterfield, Goddard, Marchbank. Kennedy, Lang, Plowman etc

All firat round picks.

If you think Marchbank and Plowman aren't any good, welcome to footy, I hope you enjoy learning how the game works.

Setterfield will make it and is one of those guys who would look great in a strong team (yes, that means he'll struggle at Carlton). Kennedy is too slow and inconsistent.

Lang cost a couple of fourth rounders, one of which wasn't used, and Goddard was a rookie.

Yep, Timmy lives the greatest charmed life I've just about ever seen in almost half a century of watching football. All I can think of is that he must have some kind of dirt on Clarko. 8 years on our list, I'd say 80% of his games in that time have been poor, 15% have been average, and 5% just ok. And somehow he still has many of our supporters bluffed too.

EIGHT YEARS of mediocrity (averaging .7 of a goal in that time as a key forward), and he's not only still on our list, but Clarko keeps picking him in the firsts, while many of our supporters sit there saying 'yeah but he runs a lot, gets to contests, and he'll start clunking all those marks he drops one day!' Utterly ludicrous.

Braydon Preuss.

Left the Roos, didn't want to wait behing Goldy, so went to Melbourne? Max Gawn was invisible? Maybe he gets his chance soon.
Terrible call. He said at the time that he wanted to learn from Gawn and we had zero - zero - ruck backup. In a couple of years he may well take a good offer to be first ruck in another side, but as it sits now he’s a required player, and will be so until (if and hopefully when) Jackson comes along.

Darcy Lang. Never understood how Chris Scott gave him games at Geelong. I think he’s played 1 game for Carlton this year and did nothing. Carlton have taken in some real duds over the years. I think they took Billie Smedts off us also who got delisted after 1 season there. But back to Darcy Lang, he is good around goals and can kick you one or two but his accountability as a forward is lacklustre to say the least and he pulls out of contests. Stephen Wells has worked wonders in the draft over the years but has had his fair share of stinkers, Lang being one of them at pick 16. I honestly couldn’t not believe another team wanted him yet alone him still being on a list right now.

The weird thing is he had talent and was in Geelong's best 22. They rushed him back from injury for finals and he had the best game of his career against Sydney in the 2017 Semi Final. Next thing he walks out on Geelong and can't get a game at Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Timmy lives the greatest charmed life I've just about ever seen in almost half a century of watching football. All I can think of is that he must have some kind of dirt on Clarko. 8 years on our list, I'd say 80% of his games in that time have been poor, 15% have been average, and 5% just ok. And somehow he still has many of our supporters bluffed too.

EIGHT YEARS of mediocrity (averaging .7 of a goal in that time as a key forward), and he's not only still on our list, but Clarko keeps picking him in the firsts, while many of our supporters sit there saying 'yeah but he runs a lot, gets to contests, and he'll start clunking all those marks he drops one day!' Utterly ludicrous.

Summed it up very well, I googled him mid game on Sunday as I was like "Geez he is still quite lean, i suppose he has only been on the list for a few years".
Drafted in 2012 was a surprise.

If you think Marchbank and Plowman aren't any good, welcome to footy, I hope you enjoy learning how the game works.

Setterfield will make it and is one of those guys who would look great in a strong team (yes, that means he'll struggle at Carlton). Kennedy is too slow and inconsistent.

Lang cost a couple of fourth rounders, one of which wasn't used, and Goddard was a rookie.
Lang and Goddard won’t be on your list next year.
I wonder if Kennedy will.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Marchbank is also offloaded.
Plowman and Setterfield do enough to stay.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Marchbank is also offloaded.

Only from an injury perspective and that would require another team taking a punt on his potential, which I don't see happening.

With the likely departures of Simpson, Murphy and Kreuzer, we have more than enough cap to give Marchbank some more time to get his body right. Weitering, Marchbank, Plowman, Docherty makes a pretty decent back four.

Only from an injury perspective and that would require another team taking a punt on his potential, which I don't see happening.

With the likely departures of Simpson, Murphy and Kreuzer, we have more than enough cap to give Marchbank some more time to get his body right. Weitering, Marchbank, Plowman, Docherty makes a pretty decent back four.
Fair enough.

I think you need another tall to replace Jones.

Not sure it will come from that group?

Your rebounding running defender roles seem well covered with Stocker, SPS, Williamson and Newman all vying for the remaining two spots.

Brayden Ainsworth for West Coast. He has a horrible ball drop, is one paced and looks lost on an AFL field.

I have no idea how he was drafted in the first place.
This post could be relevant next season. Before this year he had only played three games in 2018 so hard to judge prior to 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back