Please keep these players in the team

Remove this Banner Ad

JuddyBuddy

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Robbie "****ing" Warnock!!! Richard Hadley, Mitch Robinson, Shaun Hampson, Shaun Grigg, Lachie Henderson and David Ellard...all players who usually only get one game and then get booted if they don't perform. These players we're the core to our success tonight and need a game or 3 to show what they can provide to the team.

Hear' Hear'! :thumbsu:

All of the above players you mentioned played out of their skin tonight, and I couldn't find a single aspect of their game that I could fault them on. :)

The most amazing out of that group was Hadley, who I thought was looking to be halfway out the door come season's end, but to his credit he put in a very solid effort tonight. Kudos to him and the rest of them.

All of the above player you mentioned played out of their skin tonight, and I couldn't find a single aspect of their game I could fault them on. :)

The most amazing out of that group was Hadley, who I thought was looking to be halfway out the door come season's end, but to his credit he put in a very solid effort tonight. Kudos to him and the rest of them.

Hadley had a 50/50 game.. lots of turnovers and slow to hand/foot thinking he has more time than he did but by mid 3rd quarter got into the swing of things. One thing with Hadley is that he plays about 1 or 2 games well in a row then drops off.. but good work by him tonight..

the rest of the players mentioned will not be dropped unless they seriously F up in the next few!

Robbie "****ing" Warnock!!! Richard Hadley, Mitch Robinson, Shaun Hampson, Shaun Grigg, Lachie Henderson and David Ellard...all players who usually only get one game and then get booted if they don't perform. These players we're the core to our success tonight and need a game or 3 to show what they can provide to the team.
+1:thumbsu:

Robinson was pretty good as a medium forward tonight crashing and bashing packs.

Warnock has really impressed me tonight. Especially when the game was still sort of on the line at the beginning of the last quarter, those hitouts were gold.

Hadley also pretty good putting his head over the ball, one criticism though, his kicking needs improving, keep him in to get his form.

Grigg was fantastic, really liked his performance tonight.

Ellard earnt a senior elevation after that.

Henderson played one of his best for the season.

Hammer hung onto his marks well. was really good, providing a contest in the air every time the ball was kicked to him, if he didn't mark it, he made sure there was an onballer or small forward that was able to gather the loose ball.

Amen.

Robbie Warnock was sensational. I believe that he could become a big star. He's a very special talent.

Had we not gotten annihilated I believe the media would have appreciated his game more last week but this week he was just wonderful to watch.

Hadley had a 50/50 game.. lots of turnovers and slow to hand/foot thinking he has more time than he did but by mid 3rd quarter got into the swing of things. One thing with Hadley is that he plays about 1 or 2 games well in a row then drops off.. but good work by him tonight..

the rest of the players mentioned will not be dropped unless they seriously F up in the next few!

The thing is with Hadley...and Mitch as well, is they are not the most gifted players, but **** me if they don't give 150% all the time. Surely there is room for 1...maybe 2 of these players on a weekly basis, even if it's just to provide a spark to the team. Who gives a s**t if they turn it over here and there, even our most gifted do that every now and then, but at least they provide a constant source of energy and enthusiasm!

Amen.

Robbie Warnock was sensational. I believe that he could become a big star. He's a very special talent.

Had we not gotten annihilated I believe the media would have appreciated his game more last week but this week he was just wonderful to watch.

Feels good to finally have Robbie being validated, I must admit! We copped a lot of flack about him after he got injured earlier this year. If he has a bad game next week...so be it, leave him out there and let him grow as a player! I know it's cliche, but we have a lot of players that just need games. We're a long way of Geelong and St Kilda for a reason - lack of experience.

Davies was always going to lack that sense of feel and intensity that AFL demands. I'm sure he will find it in current weeks. Not positive that he will keep his spot however...

We should leave Davies in, he played as expected of a first year player, give him time to settle.

Yeah, he really seemed to struggle with the intensity of AFL footy, got runned down a couple of times. But, I've always been one for giving players a bit of time to settle.

Yeah, he really seemed to struggle with the intensity of AFL footy, got runned down a couple of times. But, I've always been one for giving players a bit of time to settle.

I think that has been an ongoing issue with the club, they give someone 1 week to prove themselves. It's never going to work, players need time to settle into the pace and find their feet. But the MC seem to have no patience for this. I really hope he keeps his spot because I think he is going to be something special. :thumbsu:

Yep, we have been spoilt by seeing guys like Lucas and thinking that is what a first year player looks like. Wrong, Davies is what a first gamer usually looks like. Good to see him back himself and not panic but he needs time, he's a good prospect if we back him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of the above players you mentioned played out of their skin tonight, and I couldn't find a single aspect of their game that I could fault them on. :)

I still would delist him at year end his done that before especially if Ellard and Gartlett gets promoted then you have to delist Tiller,Okeefe or others as Wiggins,Johnson,Anderson and possibly Fisher will not be enough if 3 picks are needed and 2 upgrades.Fisher deserves 1 more game at least.I would keep Fisher but i think they won't.

warnock will be amazing.

grigg looked great.

agree with sentiments about robbo and hadley. when we win, they look good. when we lose though...fingers get pointed.

hammer looked positive.

hendo..my other love child...wow...if anyone slags him now, i will personally hunt them down, tear off their head and spit down their throat. WILL BE A SUPERSTAR.

ellard..again..suprised me. will keep his spot after tonight. if he keeps playing well, he has a spot.

let me mention how good carazzo was...was this an aberration related to the complete lack of defensive pressue? or can he still offer something? im going to back him for the rest of the year.

GO BLUES!!

Was really pleased with Hammer last night. It's almost like the penny is starting to drop. He read the flight of the ball better, and took a few nice marks, you can see things are coming together for him. Dare I say it, could he be a good a park mark as Kouta moving forward ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back