Draft Expert PMBangers' 2021 Draft Board - Come for the R1 phantom (post #1591), stay for the Simpsons references

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly not sure what we'd do with our first this year. It probably won't be enough to get Gibcus or Bazzo, Darcy probably won't go that early, and I'm not sure who else we'd go for.

Honestly not sure what we'd do with our first this year. It probably won't be enough to get Gibcus or Bazzo, Darcy probably won't go that early, and I'm not sure who else we'd go for.
It'll obviously depend on trade period/ MSD, but I still think you need a genuine small forward along with a young KPD prospect. Murley could be the go there as smaller player, despite being a midfielder, there's that scope to develop as a forward if needed. Connor MacDonald another one that's sitting at around 180cm that's got a bit of zip and agility about him, probably more natural up forward than Murley, that would feel about right in that range.

I'd be more of a fan of the dogs trying to trade up to a pick around 10 where Bazzo is likely still there, but then someone like Rachele may slide a bit as well and fill that small forward role

If Jacob Edwards were to enter this national draft which round do you think he'd most likely go in?

If Jacob Edwards were to enter this national draft which round do you think he'd most likely go in?
I'd take him in the first, given his movement and ability as both a forward and Ruck he might be the first tall taken in that situation

I'd take him in the first, given his movement and ability as both a forward and Ruck he might be the first tall taken in that situation
I'm hoping if we don't trade more into the first round that he's available with one of our second rounders. Seems like he'd fill a few of our needs quite comfortably.

I'm hoping if we don't trade more into the first round that he's available with one of our second rounders. Seems like he'd fill a few of our needs quite comfortably.
PM Bangers, What do you think your club will do with their draft hand in the coming draft? Seems like you've been gifted the golden egg...You mightn't end up all that high so might have a mid table pick...You will most likely land Fahey after your first pick, and to top it all of Magpies have given you a top 5 pick, for peanuts. A sackable offense which is why Ned Guy most likely doesn't have his job any longer. In any case, do you think you'll go with youth and pick the best kids or look to trade to bring in high end experienced talent? It seems an endless circle that GWS are playing with , at same point they need to put chips on the table and entice a difference maker that might win a flag for your team. What are your thoughts ? It will be interesting...

What is your opinion on Fraser Elliot from the oakliegh charges
Saw him play for Richmond reserves on Saturday looks
Promising
Thanks
Yeah has a little bit to him, he was one that got a full game in the guts in the Colgate young Guns Game which is usually a decent indication he's got some interest at AFL level in that spot. I personally haven't seen anything gives me much confidence in him being much more than a depth player at AFL level

PM Bangers, What do you think your club will do with their draft hand in the coming draft? Seems like you've been gifted the golden egg...You mightn't end up all that high so might have a mid table pick...You will most likely land Fahey after your first pick, and to top it all of Magpies have given you a top 5 pick, for peanuts. A sackable offense which is why Ned Guy most likely doesn't have his job any longer. In any case, do you think you'll go with youth and pick the best kids or look to trade to bring in high end experienced talent? It seems an endless circle that GWS are playing with , at same point they need to put chips on the table and entice a difference maker that might win a flag for your team. What are your thoughts ? It will be interesting...
I reckon if we found a good player that we could fit in our salary cap we'd trade them in, but we don't exactly have a great history of drawing in players that require that much in a trade.

Yeah has a little bit to him, he was one that got a full game in the guts in the Colgate young Guns Game which is usually a decent indication he's got some interest at AFL level in that spot. I personally haven't seen anything gives me much confidence in him being much more than a depth player at AFL level

I reckon if we found a good player that we could fit in our salary cap we'd trade them in, but we don't exactly have a great history of drawing in players that require that much in a trade.
That's about the extent of it. So jealous the Magpies cut that deal for the one club that certainly don't need any more draft picks. I can't think of a better word than moronic to sum up that trade by Collingwood. No wonder they're in liquorice all sorts right now.

thanks for that

Twoomey has just mentioned on exchange that Darcy is considered by some as in the elite rung of prospects and he'd be surprised if he doesn't get bid on prior to the dogs pick lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that comment mean you don't agree? He seems to have been garnering some decent press recently.
Not that I don't agree, I just haven't seen the school performances which have been his best. I was impressed with him against the Ranges and the Jets though and promptly moved him into my top 30, so I'm hoping we get to see him back in NAB League with more Ruck and forward time which is where he's been doing his best work apparently. I'd hesitate to put him top 10 off of 3 performances though which is the part I'm more apprehensive about agreeing with

God I love seeing the bottom agers flood in for NAB League, and there's a few that I've spotted for this week (eDPS to pick up my slack if I miss any):

Sandringham: Harry Sheezel, Ben Hempell
Western: Alex Tsia (2023 eligible), Cameron Kizan
Gippsland: Zane Duursma (2023 eligible), Harvey Howe, Jonti Schuback
Geelong: Jhy Clark, Olivier Northam, Ted Clohesy
Northern: Jason McCormick, Dane Harvey
Murray: Joshua Tweedale
Dandenong: Ned Moodie, Jess McManus, Henry Hustwaite
Calder: Paul Pascu, Caleb Burqest
Bendigo: Ben Cameron
Eastern: Lewis Hayes, Kai Windsor, Hayden Smith, Lachlan Reidy
GWV: Aaron Cadman, Felix Fogarty

God I love seeing the bottom agers flood in for NAB League, and there's a few that I've spotted for this week (eDPS to pick up my slack if I miss any):

Sandringham: Harry Sheezel, Ben Hempell
Western: Alex Tsia (2023 eligible), Cameron Kizan
Gippsland: Zane Duursma (2023 eligible), Harvey Howe, Jonti Schuback
Geelong: Jhy Clark, Olivier Northam, Ted Clohesy
Northern: Jason McCormick, Dane Harvey
Murray: Joshua Tweedale
Dandenong: Ned Moodie, Jess McManus, Henry Hustwaite
Calder: Paul Pascu, Caleb Burqest
Bendigo: Ben Cameron
Eastern: Lewis Hayes, Kai Windsor, Hayden Smith, Lachlan Reidy
GWV: Aaron Cadman, Felix Fogarty
Another for Eastern is Harry Flynn starting on ball aswell. Made his senior debut for his local club and got in the bests.

Edit: For Oakleigh you have Will Elliot and Hudson O’Keefe who are both talented 200cm players.

Last edited:
God I hope Freo pick him next year.

That's a good Dockers name right there.

Last year I was working on a writing project where the protagonist had to have a close loved one move across the country. I wrote her brother as a footballer who got drafted to Freo. His name was Jesse Clark, feels like a Freo name.

Finn Callaghan might be the first Sandringham player taken if he keeps this form/ improvement up, proved himself as an inside midfielder today against Western Jets
I went down and watched the 3rd quarter, saw he was playing inside mid. From what I saw he only got a few disposals and wasn't dominant. Conway on the other hand had s huge 3rd quarter, really got the jets going and Paul Curtis was on fire up fwd.
How was the rest of Callaghans game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back