Prediction Poll: How many goals will Tom Lynch kick in 2019 if he plays a full season?

How many 2018 goals for Tom Lynch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

First year, he'll take a little while to get used to our system, and for the rest of the team to get used to him, so I'm thinking 40-odd.

He'll also add a few goals to his fellow forwards by drawing attention away from them.

This year, Jack will be no1, Tom no2...the following year, they'll share it pretty evenly, after that, Tom will be our spearhead, and Jack will have more of the supporting role.

First year, he'll take a little while to get used to our system, and for the rest of the team to get used to him, so I'm thinking 40-odd.

He'll also add a few goals to his fellow forwards by drawing attention away from them.

This year, Jack will be no1, Tom no2...the following year, they'll share it pretty evenly, after that, Tom will be our spearhead, and Jack will have more of the supporting role.

Yep. And i would be worried if hes kicking too many. We need to make sure we spread the goal kickers and lynch assit numbers/gives it off are ticking away

We dont want him goal hungry. He will need to pinch hit in forward ruck and also run up field to contest marks/bring it to ground on bail out kicks on the wing or from kick ins

magpie_marty said:
Guys i think Tom will break Bob Pratt's record of 150 goals and create a record,
But this will depend on how the coaches choose to deploy him.
This will depend largely on the skillful mids you have and how they supply Tom with the excellent disposal they all have.

All good from most posters here magpie_marty
I think around 55+ in the first year, then after that he could be the first since Franklin to kick 100 in a season
Agree that with Dusty, Cotch, Dion etc hitting him lace out, he will think its xmas every game
Go Tigers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the dynamic duo of Jack 'the man' Riewoldt and Tom 'you can't stop him from marking on a lead' Lynch. Looks like Lynch will start in the goal square, with both players rotating through there no doubt.I reckon Lynch will play deep forward about 60% of the time and Jack and others the rest.How many goals will Lynch kick if he plays a full season?
You might want to consider a catchier nickname than “you can’t stop him when marking on a lead” as I can’t imagine myself yelling that out when he is doing exactly that as he’s probably already done said nick and gone back and kicked the goal before I’ve finished yelling the catch cry/nickname out

You might want to consider a catchier nickname than “you can’t stop him when marking on a lead” as I can’t imagine myself yelling that out when he is doing exactly that as he’s probably already done said nick and gone back and kicked the goal before I’ve finished yelling the catch cry/nickname out
How's 'Big Tom' or 'Lynchy' or 'Buckets'

I wonder how often Tom and Jack will be outside 50 and Dusty/Caddy are deep. Could be interesting to see defenses turned inside out trying to stop the number of options we have. Even imagine Dan one out 20m from goal :p

What does he need to get used to????
The players kick it to him 15-25 times a game, he marks, goes back, lines up, kicks a goal.
repeat, repeat, repeat, simple really
He has got 8 seasons under him, don't think he needs any magic potion to work out how to play AFL FOOTY
GO TIGERS

Back