AFLW Port Adelaide AFLW (Team to enter in 2022 season)

Remove this Banner Ad

Club has failed to resist the urge to whip out the magenta for the girls.

Good on them - looks great and will probably sell like hot cakes
It does look great, but why the use the colour for one squad and not all? To me it just gives the "not the real Port Adelaide!" troglodytes ammo.

It does look great, but why the use the colour for one squad and not all? To me it just gives the "not the real Port Adelaide!" troglodytes ammo.
Yeah I've said many times I'd love to see the men's squad rock the magenta as a heritage jumper. We won flags in it. It feels almost childish we haven't brought it back.

That said, pink sells for girls moreso than for boys. From a marketing standpoint it makes sense.

Yeah I've said many times I'd love to see the men's squad rock the magenta as a heritage jumper. We won flags in it. It feels almost childish we haven't brought it back.

That said, pink sells for girls moreso than for boys. From a marketing standpoint it makes sense.
Had not thought of that before but you're spot on.

That Magneta jumper we wore in our club's early days is used as a limp put down by the smoothbrains. Formerly recognising it as the base for our AFLW jumper would be on point, even if it does play to the 'pink for girls' stereotype.

I really just think the AFLW just needs a solid 5-10 years of stability at this point.

The expansion is all done, the product is improving year on year, a lot of the novelty fans are dropping off. It just needs time to breathe now, get the basics right, and develop those core fans that will tune in week in week out.

stability
flashback GIF

So this upcoming draft is the third one we will be part of, and we've yet to use one of the draft concessions, is that correct? So we should be able to grab 3 of these women for free, and then grab the remaining one as our first draft pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brooksby is listed as 171cm
Boileau is listed as 172cm

So either something is off there or Brooksby has had a major growth spurt.

So this upcoming draft is the third one we will be part of, and we've yet to use one of the draft concessions, is that correct? So we should be able to grab 3 of these women for free, and then grab the remaining one as our first draft pick?

No doubt they were saving up until Lauren became old enough, and must've liked what they've seen in a couple of others. Three of them in this years All Australian U18 team bodes well.

I think Ballard is just too slow to be a reliable defender unfortunately. Decent kick and she's a good intercept marker at times, but a liability in one-on-one contests if she's even slightly out of position. I'd pick Simmons ahead of her without hesitation.

O'Dea permanently back to defence will be helpful too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back