Opinion Port Adelaide and their Prison Bars

Remove this Banner Ad

He appears to just have a problem with the fact that we were more successful in black and white than his club. The Guernsey is iconic, let's not kid ourselves here... Bruce McAvaney, Dennis Comitte , Kevin Sheedy , Leigh Matthews ect ect all state it's their favourite football Guernsey, I can see why Ed doesn't want us to wear it.
Just go away.
Port supporters are like the spoilt petulant child.
“I want, I want, I want.. why can’t I have.. I want, I want. I want.. just once, I want I want”
“No!”
“I HATE YOU”

Simply, Black and white vertical stripes are what Collingwood wear in the AFL, and any other team that want to change their guernsey can do so, and will get approval so long as it is significantly different in colours and design to one that is already worn by a team in the AFL.
And nobody wants to hear about overseas competitions and teams and what they wear, because is has not one iota of relevance to the best sport in the world.

So do we.
Prison bars are what elevated to us to the AFL. We also love our new traditions of teal that brought us success in the AFL and nobody at Port or their fans want to scrap out current jumper. Nothing wrong with clubs honouring their heritage.
Tell me then, when you entered the AFL, why didn’t you enter it with the pylon guernsey??
Why? If it is so important, why didn’t you wear it from game 1?
When you find the answer to that, you will have your reason why you won’t wear it now..

So what black and white are also our colours and we can mix and match as we like , the same as every other club. We haven't changed our logo since 1997 and it was time for a refresh. Black and white stripes were actually more prominent in the older logo anyway. We don't have to use teal if we don't want to... Have a look at our away Guernsey.
Eddie was wrong it wasn't just a commemorate logo. It's a new one club logo that the SANFL side and the AFL side both use.

True, knock yourselves out, teal or no teal, nobody cares. Put unicorns on it, whatever. You just can’t have black and white stripes, but carry on fighting the good fight. Everyone needs a cause, no matter how misguided or irrelevant.

Why are you so insecure about black and white?
You going to argue my point or are we done?

i'm not insecure about it. I think we all know what port adelaide people are like. I find it perplexing that eddie maguire keeps talking about an agreement. It's a bit like negotiating with someone who breaks into your house. If there's a legal document, I'd make sure it's enforced and never compromised. They made a mistake about giving a concession in the past. As I said, you dont negotiate with people trying to steal stuff off of you. If the legal document isn't enforceable, then I expect Port to take whatever it can get away with.

We'll let you wear your actual traditional jumper :thumbsu:

PortAdelaide1900.jpg

The left hand side must be the back of the jumper, because it has a yellow stripe...

Why is this guy still posting in here. Should just make this thread a only Collingwood thread.

He would probably say that there is no law against him posting and that he's just following the traditions of his tribe.... evidently all the males at port seek out opportunities to do illegal stuff and show their manhood. Going to jail is commonplace. You can see why it means so much to them.

I think dealing with port people is like dealing with 2 year olds. You just have to be firm and say "no". You dont have to be angry. Just look them in the eye and say no. Like a 2 year old, they will scream and complain, but you just remain firm and say no. Have you ever seen mothers that give in to their kids, the kids become uncontrollable and they just want more..... port people are like that....just stay firm

He appears to just have a problem with the fact that we were more successful in black and white than his club. The Guernsey is iconic, let's not kid ourselves here... Bruce McAvaney, Dennis Comitte , Kevin Sheedy , Leigh Matthews, KB.. ect ect all state it's their favourite football Guernsey, this isn't just a SA thing, I can see why Ed doesn't want us to wear it.
The AFL has decided not to let you. Maybe you should complain to them.

Your brand of black and white is quickly diluted by the thousands of other bigger and more successful sporting organisations that also have the same "brand"
It’s normal practice to be respectful when posting on an opposition board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s normal practice to be respectful when posting on an opposition board.

I like your style but I think we have to acknowledge that he's a port supporter and they like to see themselves romantically as renegades, outside the system. It reminds of working out how to deal with a mischievous 2 year old many years ago, who liked to poke at electrical outlets...... We used to just look him in the eye and say "burnie shocko" and reinforce it with pointing out cartoon characters who used to get regularly fried on tv in those days. They're simple folk. We just need to be consistent.

Should port have the 4 points deducted for what they did? Unapproved.
Yes, plus a further 8 point suspended fine, so they can have a proper think about respecting our heritage.

AFL is weak as piss. Wont do anything.
They should. This is what their statement says, very clearly the song took part in round 8.

"On that basis, and consistent with the arrangements that have applied to all previous instances of use of the "prison bar" guernsey by Port Adelaide since the Club joined the AFL (i.e. with the approval of the AFL and Collingwood) the AFL does not grant permission for the guernsey to be worn in Round 8."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back