Opinion Port Adelaide and their Prison Bars

Remove this Banner Ad

No one respects anyone who tries to have their cake and eat it too. You made a deal, don't back track.

Picking and choosing which parts of their "heritage" to follow. Never tear up the tarps fellas.

you've obviously never been to port adelaide..... they get respect by stealing cars

Great find. I was looking for something like this that summarises the lack of consistency in the claim to a “heritage”.
Ignoring the many subtle changes to their jumpers over the years, I count 11 significant changes before they joined the AFL.

Since they joined the AFL, there have been 2 different jumpers for Port Power since 1997 (I’m ignoring their away guernseys, of which there have been many changes as well).

So, in their 151 years of their history, they change guernseys almost every 10 years.
And for a few years, they wanted to imitate Collingwood Football Club, as they wore our guernseys for 7 years.
Heritage guernsey?? Meh....

Listening to radio today for North vs Collingwood and they read out a Collingwood fan's text, suggesting they should return the white with black stripes all the time, it never caused a clash, and now since they inversed it it they have half a dozen clashes.

I was stunned to hear a Collingwood person acknowledge they changed their guernsey!

Surely Ed would have had the gestapo rehabilitate him now? How could the rewriting of history have been allowed? Is he completely unaware of the tradition?
Hahaha. You idiot. Away guernsey..Home guernsey. Both BLACK and WHITE vertical Stripes.

If you think you are a smart Alec, maybe go and do some research on Port Adelaide guernseys, and see that there has been 13 variation to your pylon jumpers over the years.

Childish comments by you..

Listening to radio today for North vs Collingwood and they read out a Collingwood fan's text, suggesting they should return the white with black stripes all the time, it never caused a clash, and now since they inversed it it they have half a dozen clashes.

I was stunned to hear a Collingwood person acknowledge they changed their guernsey!

Surely Ed would have had the gestapo rehabilitate him now? How could the rewriting of history have been allowed? Is he completely unaware of the tradition?
The order of our stripes (black centre stripe or white centre stripe) has varied; in the early years sometimes in the same match. All that changed is the colour of our numbers and number panel.

Is this guy for real. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hahaha. You idiot. Away guernsey..Home guernsey. Both BLACK and WHITE vertical Stripes.

If you think you are a smart Alec, maybe go and do some research on Port Adelaide guernseys, and see that there has been 13 variation to your pylon jumpers over the years.

He is right. Our jumper was always black stripes on a white jumper. It was only sometime in the 2000s we changed it to white stripes on a black jumper. I have always preferred our away (which I believe is the traditional one) more.

Attachments

• images.jpeg-70.jpg
    images.jpeg-70.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 32
  • images.jpeg-69.jpg
    images.jpeg-69.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 29
Sick of these minnow clubs trying to create some kind of controversy with Collingwood to get some attention. Make no mistake this is just a marketing exercise for Port Adelaide to try and get people to watch their games. They are in a dire financial position. Watch them come up against us and try and create a rivalry and call it ‘the battle of the magpie’ or something s**t just to get Collingwood supporters involved.

How's Koch saying wearing the guernsey "was a show of respect" and not a statement against the Pies or AFL. He might as well have spat in our faces the under handed s**t stain. Should be a politician with that spin.

He is right. Our jumper was always black stripes on a white jumper. It was only sometime in the 2000s we changed it to white stripes on a black jumper. I have always preferred our away (which I believe is the traditional one) more.
OMG..
We have always had variations of whether the centre stripe is black, or whether it is white.
What has changed is whether we have had a white panel on our back with black numbers, or whether it was a black panel with white numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have stared clear of this topic

However piss off Port
Your logo is now black and white where is the teal

Jumper is mainly black and white

Make these Muppets wear teal shorts not black and incorporate teal and the word power in logo

They are not the magpies in AFL they are the power

Piss off

Last edited:
Club should come out and encourage all the fans to sing never tear us apart prior to the game against port in a few weeks lol

Why? We’re not looking to emulate those clowns.

Good song though. Wish bands would stop trying to cover it.

Like your V jumper. A design you'd previously sooked about when Adelaide had permission to wear it years earlier? A sook that played a part in that permission being rescinded.

e266730b3dee93a911737928ca9397bd
This should be ports guernsey

How's Koch saying wearing the guernsey "was a show of respect" and not a statement against the Pies or AFL. He might as well have spat in our faces the under handed sh*t stain. Should be a politician with that spin.
That’s an insult to s**t stains.

OMG..
We have always had variations of whether the centre stripe is black, or whether it is white.
What has changed is whether we have had a white panel on our back with black numbers, or whether it was a black panel with white numbers.

So were our jumpers traditionally;
-stripes on white guernsey with black numbers?
-stripes on black guernsey with white numbers?

So were our jumpers traditionally;
-stripes on white guernsey with black numbers?
-stripes on black guernsey with white numbers?
They were black and white striped guernseys, and whether you started with a white stripe or a black stripe, it didn’t matter.
Then, when we had to wear numbers, someone put a white square patch on the back, and put black numbers on it. Another person put a black square patch on the back, and put white numbers on it.
So, when you talk white on black or black on white, the only thing you can refer to is the number panel..

I have stared clear of this topic

However piss off Port
Your logo is now black and white where is the teal

Jumper is mainly black and white

Make these Muppets teal shorts not black and incorporate teal and the word power in logo

They are not the magpies in AFL they are the power

Piss off

Yeah I noticed that last night. Not to mention it has the black and white prison bars in the logo. As I've said before they are doing it very sneakily.

I love how he makes it sound groundbreaking.

I’ve always wanted us to go back to our pre-2001 guernsey, and so do a fair portion of our supporter base.

However, one thing is consistent since 1892. We’ve always been Black and White.

Get over ya self we don't give a fu** about you or ya club this is about port Adelaide.

Had a good laugh at some of the posts on here.. you lot and the crows posters on here are a joke keep it up.
This is what you should expect from the level of class of the average Port supporter when visiting another Club's board.

Port players getting changed into the prison bars jersey after the game to sing the song looked....childish. Like naughty children disobeying mummy and daddy and dressing up in daddy's clothes to show that they were really daddy.

Hilarious, yet sad at the same time that grown men are made to act like children. Cute when little kids do it, awkward when mature adults try it.

Surely they get a "please explain"from the AFL??!

Get over ya self we don't give a fu** about you or ya club this is about port Adelaide.

Had a good laugh at some of the posts on here.. you lot and the crows posters on here are a joke keep it up.

You guys entered the AFL as the Port Adelaide Power. You are not the magpies - the song your team sang when they won the game last night mentions power.
bcdedf0f3f0829f88c9c2efd3f901770.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back