Opinion Port Adelaide and their Prison Bars

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Port, I feel like they are cousins of ours and this is a family stoush.

Legally Power are not Port Magpies, but if spirit and heart mean anything they are both Port, and the AFL side is a clone (or other metaphor, maybe a metastasised secondary ;)? ) of the SANFL side.

I'd love for them to wear the prison bars, its a great part of their tradition. Be funny if they went with the pink and white hats too, that's a funny part of their tradition.

However a deal is a deal and they came into our league (and no one has contributed more to the VFL/AFL than Collingwood, no one, so we have a both a legal and moral right to this point) under certain terms. If our administration objects they can GAGF.

My preference would be they can wear the prison bars for their local derby with the crows just to stick it up the Crows, **** those guys. However its not up to me.

I love Port, I feel like they are cousins of ours and this is a family stoush.

Legally Power are not Port Magpies, but if spirit and heart mean anything they are both Port, and the AFL side is a clone (or other metaphor, maybe a metastasised secondary ;)? ) of the SANFL side.

I'd love for them to wear the prison bars, its a great part of their tradition. Be funny if they went with the pink and white hats too, that's a funny part of their tradition.

However a deal is a deal and they came into our league (and no one has contributed more to the VFL/AFL than Collingwood, no one, so we have a both a legal and moral right to this point) under certain terms. If our administration objects they can GAGF.

My preference would be they can wear the prison bars for their local derby with the crows just to stick it up the Crows, **** those guys. However its not up to me.
You really don’t get brand awareness, and the slow deterioration if you let bits and pieces to be copied or imitated. That is why all the high profile brands clamp down heavily on the little bloke using the same or similar brands or colours, even though it is unlikely initially that there could be any decrease in revenue/brand awareness/brand value deterioration.
It starts little by little, and gradually erodes.
Today, showdowns. Tomorrow, home games except CFC. Next week, all home games. Then all home and away except CFC games. At the end, every game, and CFC will be told to abandon their guernsey when the play PP away, and wear magenta..

You guys entered the AFL as the Port Adelaide Power. You are not the magpies - the song your team sang when they won the game last night mentions power.
bcdedf0f3f0829f88c9c2efd3f901770.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This

The Crows and Port are made up Clubs, trying to link t
Sick of these minnow clubs trying to create some kind of controversy with Collingwood to get some attention. Make no mistake this is just a marketing exercise for Port Adelaide to try and get people to watch their games. They are in a dire financial position. Watch them come up against us and try and create a rivalry and call it ‘the battle of the magpie’ or something sh*t just to get Collingwood supporters involved.
we should wear the prison bars just for sh1ts and giggles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crows and Port are made up Clubs, trying to link t

we should wear the prison bars just for sh1ts and giggles
Bring back the swooping magpie, which like the bars doesn’t have stripes on the chest.

There’s even an earlier petition for it’s return.

images

I miss Eddie during times like these!
Nice little cameo just now saying it’s not a Port-Collingwood issue but a Port-City Hall issue.

After all, they signed an agreement with the AFL not to manufacture those jumpers and they do receive $7m pa more than Collingwood from the AFL.

Eddie at his best.

Clubs have been trying to manufacture a rivalry between us for a long time. Koch knows what's he's doing. It all seems quite desperate and makes their club look small.

I miss Eddie during times like these!
Nice little cameo just now saying it’s not a Port-Collingwood issue but a Port-City Hall issue.

After all, they signed an agreement with the AFL not to manufacture those jumpers and they do receive $7m pa more than Collingwood from the AFL.

Eddie at his best.

Said Kochie has poked his big nose into AFL biz and hopes it doesn't get broken haha

Clubs have been trying to manufacture a rivalry between us for a long time. Koch knows what's he's doing. It all seems quite desperate and makes their club look small.
I can’t say I know much about Port Adelaide, however, I know this guy (while working in Sydney), who runs a fairly big fund. Anyway, he was telling me how his grandfather played with Port and how Port always saw Collingwood as their ‘cousin’ . Unfortunately the Pies didn’t really see it the same way and apparently screwed them over some way. So, maybe they see a rivalry that we aren’t even aware of.

Club should come out and encourage all the fans to sing never tear us apart prior to the game against port in a few weeks lol

Pass. That’s the Powers, don’t want us taking their traditions anymore than I want them taking ours.

Time to take em to court, we would win easily and probably bankrupt them in two days.Finish the issue legally so it never rears its head ever again
100% agree.
Port don’t want to wear this jumper twice a year, they want it for every game. They won’t stop there.
They want to be known as the Magpies.
It’s a hostile take over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back