2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Trial Match 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Powerstream

Debutant
Jan 21, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bonner, Austin and Palmer were meh. Don't think Krak played. Impey was good in the first half, Monfries terrific in the 2nd half.

I'd say Impey and Monfries would be knocking on the door if changes are made.
Totally disagree with your comment on Austin and Bonner. Austin was solid and played like a general in the back half. His direction and voice was impressive. Bonner bar one shank kick in the 2nd qtr was excellent, used the very well and took multiple intercept marks. Didn't notice Palmer all that much. Snelling was outstanding, his quick hands around packs reminds me of Sam Mitchell.

Totally disagree with your comment on Austin and Bonner. Austin was solid and played like a general in the back half. His direction and voice was impressive. Bonner bar one shank kick in the 2nd qtr was excellent, used the very well and took multiple intercept marks. Didn't notice Palmer all that much. Snelling was outstanding, his quick hands around packs reminds me of Sam Mitchell.
Please note I was blinded in both eyes due to the poor lighting.

GreyPower

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2014
PAFC
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Some really promising reports about Snelling. Hopefully he gets upgraded some time before the end of the season.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Having all of Drew, SPP and Atley in the squad will make Snelling's life very difficult this year.
If has got the goods - which it seems he does, then I reckon it will make him hungrier, and work and try harder. And when he gets his shot, which he will do, I reckon he will keep it, ala Caleb Daniel.

Great to finally have this depth, and if the likes of Toumpas, Ah Chee, and Palmer et al, follow that example, we will have a strong team in 2017, and surprise quite a few out there!

woffy

All Australian
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If has got the goods - which it seems he does, then I reckon it will make him hungrier, and work and try harder. And when he gets his shot, which he will do, I reckon he will keep it, ala Caleb Daniel.

Great to finally have this depth, and if the likes of Toumpas, Ah Chee, and Palmer et al, follow that example, we will have a strong team in 2017, and surprise quite a few out there!
Definitely think Snelling will make it.
I see him eventuall working in tandem with Wines as the midfield extractor, with one of them always on the ball.

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Cream always rises to the top. Honestly it's just good to have some good young talent again.

Uh what? Maybe the only year where we haven't was 2011 and well, that was the year (or month) of The Butch. Since then we've had Wingard & Wines to really get excited about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

scottjr

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Having all of Drew, SPP and Atley in the squad will make Snelling's life very difficult this year.

Atley for Hammer or whoever isn't pulling their weight after our 1st loss.
Drew, maybe Snelling is in front there.
Snelling is BOG four or five weeks in a row we are either flying on top of the ladder or Snelling gets a run.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Ken's love affair with Sammy Gray is a bigger threat imo. Will wasn't even given a chance in the JLT o_O !
Was Ken scared Will would do well? My post Yesterday at 9:19 PM was really a pointer to this.
In fairness to Sammy he has beefed up and has been better but if your genuinely looking to find your best players
would it hurt to TRIAL them and at least treat them equally. TJ is a case in point. A 3yr contract based on what?
He was ordinary v St Kilda and Richmond yet gets a spot for the Hawthorn game.
A coach's belief in players is fine but it needs to be objective and based on form not favouritism.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ken's love affair with Sammy Gray is a bigger threat imo. Will wasn't even given a chance in the JLT o_O !
Was Ken scared Will would do well? My post Yesterday at 9:19 PM was really a pointer to this.
In fairness to Sammy he has beefed up and has been better but if your genuinely looking to find your best players
would it hurt to TRIAL them and at least treat them equally. TJ is a case in point. A 3yr contract based on what?
He was ordinary v St Kilda and Richmond yet gets a spot for the Hawthorn game.
A coach's belief in players is fine but it needs to be objective and based on form not favouritism.
I agree with you that snelling is a top talent, and future player. I do think that after a good preseason, and good performances in the JLT, Sam is in front of him though. Would have been nice to see Snelling get a run though the JLT, but they must have reasons. SPP & Atley are his big competition though, not Sammy IMO.

He will get his turn soon I am sure.

yepits2020

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sam Gray has earnt his spot. I said after the fist JLT that he was best 22 and he has continued the form. I have not seen Snelling play, so I can not compare, but if he is as good as some people are suggesting, he will be on the main list next year and we will go from there.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I would love to be as sure of winning x-lotto as I am that Snelling will be on Port's senior list next season.

The 2015 gf was I believe his first game of senior footy, and he was looking like a clearance machine for the Maggies last season, before missing a heap of games through injury.

While it maybe possible to have too many halfback flankers :rolleyes: on your list, you can't have too many midfielders, and if my first sentence isn't correct, the crers will pounce, and we will get exactly what we deserve! :(

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Keeping Snelling needs to be a priority. If he keeps up the good form, upgrade him at the earliest opportunity and give him a senior list spot next year.

Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I would love to be as sure of winning x-lotto as I am that Snelling will be on Port's senior list next season.

The 2015 gf was I believe his first game of senior footy, and he was looking like a clearance machine for the Maggies last season, before missing a heap of games through injury.
He played 15 games for West Adelaide in 2015.

No - Bonner played one league game for the premiership-winning Bloods before injuring his foot and missing the club’s finals campaign.
Was it Hugh Haysman who debuted in week 1 or 2 of the finals and might be who 1954 was thinking of. Or did he debut before the finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back