2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Trial Match 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats a suitable player comparison for Ladhams?

Perhaps Tippett? Or Lade maybe.

Any chance he could become our CHF in a few years time at AFL level?

I could deffs see Toumpas playing down back a bit this season. The past few games he'd turn it over when he was up the ground but for some reason yesterday he was able to use the ball, went backwards or switched the play at the right times instead of banging it up the ground to nobody. Good goal too from outside 50.
yessss!

Jarrad Redden. Ruck that can pinch forward
Redden could take a mark but couldn't lead and turn like Ladhams does.

Ben Brown from North Melbourne is probably the most athletic 200cm player at the moment. Ladhams forward play and athleticsm is similar.

Whats a suitable player comparison for Ladhams?

Perhaps Tippett? Or Lade maybe.

Any chance he could become our CHF in a few years time at AFL level?
Ladhams is Ladhams period. Tippett is a 'learned' footballer, Ladhams is a natural whose agility is superior to Lade
even before Brendan broke his legs. A future CHF for us?....pencil in Billy Frampton as a definite maybe.
Billy will never shirk a contest, is deceptively quick with a solid kicking action and powerful leg. STRONG pair of hands too.
We know that Billy can be sucked into distractions but when he grows a longer fuse he'll let only his footy do the talking.
His aggression and speed means that he creates room/opportunity around a contest. He's a very direct player so watch out
any defender who gets between him and the ball.

Ladhams is Ladhams period. Tippett is a 'learned' footballer, Ladhams is a natural whose agility is superior to Lade
even before Brendan broke his legs. A future CHF for us?....pencil in Billy Frampton as a definite maybe.
Billy will never shirk a contest, is deceptively quick with a solid kicking action and powerful leg. STRONG pair of hands too.
We know that Billy can be sucked into distractions but when he grows a longer fuse he'll let only his footy do the talking.
His aggression and speed means that he creates room/opportunity around a contest. He's a very direct player so watch out
any defender who gets between him and the ball.
The prospect of a Howard-Frampton-Marshall forward line with Ladhams rucking and resting forward in 4-5 years is pants tightening stuff... assuming they all come on as expected (hoped).

I've been a fan of Billy the Kid for a while now, great to see him continuing to progress and still wanting to sort it out in the car park :p.

And I'm liking the sound of Ladhams already. He showed a great mind-set by his response to missing out on a spot at the Draft Combine. He wants to prove himself.

Can't wait to see Howard back into the mix too. More flexible height and aggression.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of the players who aren't immediately in the mix for an AFL place, Ladhams is the one I have been most impressed with. A few more games like the one he played tonight and I'll be calling for an extension to his contract. He probably won't play AFL this year and with Ryder in form and Ken's aversion to two rucks it may be a few years but we definitely will need him at some time.

'Ken's aversion to two rucks'

Carn. Ken persisted with two rucks in 2015 for about 4 months after it was clear that it wasn't working.

Last edited:
'Ken's aversion to two rucks'

Carn. Ken persisted with two rucks in 2015 for about 4 months after it was clear that it wasn't working.
I'm not talking about the past but the present. Only one ruck has been selected to be used with occasional back ups, I can only see Ladhams getting some games in 2018 at the earliest when he has to fill in for an injured player.

Legit had 30% left on my phone when you said that and ended up with 13%.

Maybe that was what the PAFC twitter custodian started the night with - three tweets for the whole match and one of those was just a picture of the A grade boys watching the game!

I can here the squeling from the SANFL feeder clubs already !
Expecting the top line of crying this year.
Here is what the SANFL clubs want based on how good or bad we do.

Win flag = KICK THEM OUT OF THE COMP.
Make finals (2-5th) = Limit AFL players, also Kick 'em out.
Miss finals (6-8th) = lol Poort missed the finals, Kick 'em out.
Bottom (9-10th) = It's a training drill to them, Kick 'em out.

Can some one enlighten me as to who Ella Watson is at PAFC? Saw her report on last nights game and she has no idea whatsoever. Can't get over her best players. Completely out of whack with what actually happened. If Toump and Monfries weren't in her bests?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

What I noticed last night in the dim dark light was us going backwards to go forwards.
No jeers from a 'surprised'? crowd either and I tell ya what it worked a treat too. More than once it opened up more direct,
think corridor, options while denying them the ball. Sturt, even minus Kirkwood and others? would have towelled
up any other sanfl team last night. Their problem was they didn't play any other team, they played us.
As well drilled as they are we didn't give them time to settle with the ball.
Strongest Maggies team i've seen for ages and the best bit of all, weez a gunna get better.
Suck on that ya freeloading campaigners.

Can some one enlighten me as to who Ella Watson is at PAFC? Saw her report on last nights game and she has no idea whatsoever. Can't get over her best players. Completely out of whack with what actually happened. If Toump and Monfries weren't in her bests?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
IIRC Jarman Impey didn't play the 2nd 1/2 yet named in our best :eek:.
Wasn't her rundown on the Nth Adelaide game eyebrow raising too?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back