Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do West Coast have so much pull that they expect preferential treatment?

I hope that this is an argument where their pull works out because it will benefit us too. The hub games should be counted as away, because while our boys are up there living out of hotel rooms, all the vic teams get to stay in their own beds etc. It’s only fair that we would get a run of games at home.

If the answer was football there'd be more money, but the cart pulls the horse in this place. Improve the product and people will buy it, instead of gouging the product for every cent.
If people in their pursuit for the dollar thought like that, we'd have a better world.

If people in their pursuit for the dollar thought like that, we'd have a better world.

Some do, some believe in improving their product to get market share and loyal customers rather than looking at the current offering and where you can exploit it further.

Certainly not the AFL. Improve the game or try to prop up the old timey big clubs with 70 thousand members at the expense of other clubs getting a chance to also grow to those numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who ever wins this years flag is going to have * next to it anyway so it doesn't really matter who wins it.
In ten years time if say Hawthorn won it this year, they wouldn’t be saying they’ve won seven, but there’s an asteroid next to one so it’s only 6.
It’ll just be 7! Therefore the value is as high as any other year long term.

numbers pulled out of thin air, I don’t care how many Hawthorn have actually won.

In ten years time if say Hawthorn won it this year, they wouldn’t be saying they’ve won seven, but there’s an asteroid next to one so it’s only 6.
It’ll just be 7! Therefore the value is as high as any other year long term.

numbers pulled out of thin air, I don’t care how many Hawthorn have actually won.
That is one big asterix!!

I don't see how this season would need an asterix. Each team plays eachother once then finals series. Technically it's a more even year than normal for the competition.

I haven’t looked at the schedule but if Collingwood play 17 games in Vic versus port playing 1 game in SA then an asterisk should be placed next to the team that didn’t travel. But we know it won’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back