Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, mind boggling. He wouldn't even be in the top 5 million least fortunate people in Australia right now.

Yeah. I’m sure he if doing it tough, but pretending that a current AFL player is on the skids is taking the piss. They have so many people looking after their welfare it isn’t funny.

Give us an interview with a recently delisted player and you’ll have a story.

The s**t we have to put up with, we'd even be banned from printing the PB's on a cardboard cut out.

Actually, we should do it just so they can ban it and look like petty arseholes!

Every member gives $10 towards a cutout. Bingo. 50,000 plus pb wearing cardboard supporters.
Add in crowd noise on the public address system, with a rise in crescendo at the push of a button, for specky marks and goals.

Every member gives $10 towards a cutout. Bingo. 50,000 plus pb wearing cardboard supporters.
Add in crowd noise on the public address system, with a rise in crescendo at the push of a button, for specky marks and goals.
That would be a monumental waste of half a million dollars. I'm sure the club could use our 10 bucks better.

Eddie says we need to shorten the game to compete with things like Netflix regardless of the pandemic.. lol fck me and this guy has a say in what the PAFC wears, we need this fckwit out of clubland so bad it hurts.
fold collingwood

How out of touch are these people?

From the Marlion Pickett story in The Age;

"Player agent Colin Young told News Corp during the week that a couple of clubs would like to see the introduction of marquee players who could be paid outside the salary cap in light of the financial struggles the league will face as a result of the pandemic. "

Marquee players are struggling to make ends meet so they need to be paid more money outside of the salary cap. o_O

Not sure how that's going to help a rookie like Marlion Pickett or financially struggling clubs but we certainly don't want to see very highly paid marquee players missing out on anything due to COVID-19. :rolleyes:

How out of touch are these people?

From the Marlion Pickett story in The Age;

"Player agent Colin Young told News Corp during the week that a couple of clubs would like to see the introduction of marquee players who could be paid outside the salary cap in light of the financial struggles the league will face as a result of the pandemic. "

Marquee players are struggling to make ends meet so they need to be paid more money outside of the salary cap. o_O

Not sure how that's going to help a rookie like Marlion Pickett or financially struggling clubs but we certainly don't want to see very highly paid marquee players missing out on anything due to COVID-19. :rolleyes:

Player agent Colin Young is just another Western Australian trying to do WCE's bidding. One of Colin's boys at WCE gets to be the marquee and win for Col. and win for WCE who would pay a marquee multiples of other clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone find it ironic that SANFL clubs cry about AFL advantage but will end over backwards to sign a delisted AFL player from Port and Crows?
AFL discards being plug and play and improving their sides in the immediate is all they care about.. screw elite junior development methods eh.

Isn't this thread supposed to be cut at end of page 400 and the rest moved into part 14? There seemed to be a mad rush on a couple of other threads to strictly keep it at 400 pages / 10,000 posts.

Isn't this thread supposed to be cut at end of page 400 and the rest moved into part 14? There seemed to be a mad rush on a couple of other threads to strictly keep it at 400 pages / 10,000 posts.

68au.gif

I thought I'd suddenly got a heap of reacts, but it was just a heap of posts moved to Part XIV

Jumped in the car. Put it on 5aa and caught the end of kg and cornes with Hutchy.

Seriously, what a ******* embarrassment if they are the voice of SA.

Didn’t expect news from 1995 to be the first thing I read on BigFooty after a 3 month spell.

Hinkley bonus payment for sitting atop the ladder for two straight months.
I don't find it funny. We may aswell be a circus. We exist to maybe beat the pathetic Crows. I'm pledging that my footy is not important to me anymore. Because those in charge think it's not important. I have bigger issues in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back