Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about an identity crisis at the Crows!

Lets walk around the oval with number 61 on a banner

They are in good hands with Triggy & Notso running the show.

49683_25aa979a6b08e882fc750e9fdca4583f.JPG

Quote Sando: "And through those disappointing losses we certainly found out a lot about the non-negotiables that make up a good footy team. As a coach you learn more in the losses - without question. You learn how to manage staff, different personalities and a variety of players who come from Gen X, Y and Z - and Z is that next group of young players who have communicated with mobile phones, social media and emails and find it very difficult to get into face-to-face conversations."

What a stupid and simplistic generalisation to make, I wonder how the bottom half of his list feels hearing their coach thinks they can't hold a conversation. Cripes I'm glad we've got Kern.

He has absolutely no ****ing idea what he is doing.

Thank the baby Jesus they have extended his contract.

Dont think merrett will be playing next week.
Who will kick a bag now a) Schulz, b) Westhoff, c) Butcher or d) all of the above?

Rich doing his knee is terrible news though feel for them in that regard as he's their best mid, I guess on the positive side Aish looks a gun but I bet they wish they still had Polec in the form he's shown for us.

What was the crowd figure today?

(Real and Whicker ones please?)

I only watched it between races but there seemed more empty seats than last week.

Who will kick a bag now a) Schulz, b) Westhoff, c) Butcher or d) all of the above?

Rich doing his knee is terrible news though feel for them in that regard as he's their best mid, I guess on the positive side Aish looks a gun but I bet they wish they still had Polec in the form he's shown for us.

I hope Rich is ok.

Love the way he plays footy.

What was the crowd figure today?

(Real and Whicker ones please?)

I only watched it between races but there seemed more empty seats than last week.

Last qtr it was 10k

"This is how many points we expect to lose by today."
Missed by that much

Quote Sando: "And through those disappointing losses we certainly found out a lot about the non-negotiables that make up a good footy team. As a coach you learn more in the losses - without question. You learn how to manage staff, different personalities and a variety of players who come from Gen X, Y and Z - and Z is that next group of young players who have communicated with mobile phones, social media and emails and find it very difficult to get into face-to-face conversations."

What a stupid and simplistic generalisation to make, I wonder how the bottom half of his list feels hearing their coach thinks they can't hold a conversation. Cripes I'm glad we've got Kern.
One thing you seem not to have learnt is that there are some things you keep to yourself. That description of Gen Z could be seen as negative and insulting. You may feel it is true and affecting your coaching but there are some things you don't say or try to be diplomatic about.

So. What will Dane Swan do in 5 years when he finally colours all his skin black? Start tattooing in white over the top?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have had Sloane. We interviewed him more than any other player that year. He was sure he was going to Port. We chose mitch Banner.

Thanks Blair :mad:
Looking through Richmond's list you can see the extent to which he's really stockpiled it with other team's hand-me-downs. Richmond fans have had a strange adulation for this bloke who's in charge of identifying talent from other teams and bringing it to the club, but you get the sense this odd fanboism is passing with their realisation that he's only succeeded in filling their bottom 22 with plodders and taking up list spots which could have been used to bring in some young kids with upside. Check this list out:

Shaun Grigg
Ricky Petterd
Bachar Houli
Chris Knights
Shaun Hampson
Matt Thomas
Ivan Maric
Troy Chaplin
Aaron Edwards
Orren Stephenson
Nathan Gordon
Todd Banfield
Anthony Miles

That's 13/44 players that have been recylced/poached from other clubs. That's 30% of the entire list.

Ew. Good riddance.

Last edited:
cow morons will prob blame us forcing them to move to AO for their losing streak because as we all know, it was the scene of so many glorious PAFC premierships over the decades since 1870 - we all know they love cow park with that monstrosity to all things fruit tingle on the eastern side and were dragged kicking and squealing to AO - so perhaps they have been severely affected by leaving their comfort zone - by contrast, we have taken to AO so well with a magnificent thrashing of the team for not so many South Australians, a soulless franchise with a fraction of the history of the mighty PAFC.:D

SANDO MUST STAY.
TRIGG MUST STAY.
CHAPMAN MUST STAY.
SMART MUST STAY.

Who was it who said that cheats never prosper? Never more relevant than in this case!!!!

Looking forward to 5AA breakfast on Monday: Penberthy will probably take a Sickie....
These are the four pillars of happiness for every non-crows supporting footy fan in the state.

Forever may they reign and be defended, regardless of their stupidity.

I've only got one wrong so far in my footy tips for this round (including the Wobblers and Wet Toast games that are currently in progress) and of course, the one I got wrong was the friggin cows losing to the Swannies - why oh why did I actually think they had too much to lose by getting done this week - oh well, at the end of the day I don't mind getting one tip wrong (so far) if it means the cows lost.:D

Smacks of the John James era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back