Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Collingwood doesn't tolerate people on its board who barrack for other teams but we do?
There is having grown up barracking for a team and there is continuing to openly barrack for that team while a Director of another club. I am OK with Holly being originally a WC fan, but wouldn't like her openly wearing WC gear while she is on our board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a strange unit ... Collingwood director who dresses up in Dogs gear when they played Port.

Nah that picture is old. It was first used against her when she got appointed to the Collingwood board.

She instagrammed the following on Saturday night - which is what caused the outrage and has now resigned.

CD is safe from AFL House

Bloody hell another lawyer is effectively in charge of the footy department if Scott has to report to Andrew Dillon. Didn't they learn their lesson from Adrian Anderson.

Although I always thought Anderson was put in to make Vlad look good and not take any spotlight away from him compared to if Bucky or Brian Cook got the job. Guess Gilligan wants someone between him and Brad Scott. He probably has too many memories of Scott's on field play and reactions in the coaches box I guess.

Basil Zempilas on radio this morning telling WA people to be thankful they have the grand final and to keep thoughts and prayers in their head for Victoria who have gifted them the grand final on loan. Don't forget, it's Victoria's grand final.

Nah that picture is old. It was first used against her when she got appointed to the Collingwood board.

She instagrammed the following on Saturday night - which is what caused the outrage and has now resigned.

Yet we can happily have on our board a WCE supporter and Eddie McGuire's CEO? I guess that right there is the difference between a member-run Club and a corporation :(.

Basil Zempilas on radio this morning telling WA people to be thankful they have the grand final and to keep thoughts and prayers in their head for Victoria who have gifted them the grand final on loan. Don't forget, it's Victoria's grand final.

Classic what I talk about with Perth people and their fetish for Melbourne. It's full on weird.

I'd normally be triggered by stuff like this, but the reality is we've had two gilt-edge opportunities to do something about this and blew them. As the highest-ranked "non-Victorian" team we should be showing some leadership. Basil's just parroting what the AFL want him to say, just in case he needs his job back.

I'd normally be triggered by stuff like this, but the reality is we've had two gilt-edge opportunities to do something about this and blew them.

Sounds like you need to join Dorothy, Tinman and Scarecrow on a quest to find your courage [to do absolutely nothing].

Was that before or after he flame throwered 50 homeless people

Still no idea why the MCG contract is again going to be extended for the 2nd year in a row because the AFL chose not to play the grand final at the MCG. They can do it. They just won’t make money from it.

There is no thanks for saving us hundreds of millions of dollars over the last 24 months by accomodating our competition to run while our state continually fails to get its sh*t together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back