Solved posing as an ASIO agent to get sex... while in prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney
Now this is just strange. This bloke conned his cell mate into believing he was an ASIO agent who could get help get him out but he had to have sex with him..... The story continued after they were both paroled and Mr Lord convinced him he had got his parole but had to stay with him.

Benjamin Lord - an unemployed call centre operator who claimed to be a high-ranking Federal Police officer and ASIO agent to get sex, a court has heard today.
Lord, 31, of Ashwood claimed to know powerful people including Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Kevin Rudd, former Victoria Police Commissioner Simon Overland and County Court Chief Judge Michael Rozenes

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/man-posed-as-asio-agent-for-sex-20130121-2d2nb.html#ixzz2IbC0bVb6

Now ladies and gentleman the cell mate of Mr Lord was serving a stretch for cultivating a commercial quantity of cannabis.

Now if your trying to teach kids a lesson about not using drugs.... just tell em you'll end up being this blokes prison bitch.

pl_353_lord_20130121155044883058-300x0.jpg

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/man-posed-as-asio-agent-for-sex-20130121-2d2nb.html

Be consistent mate. If that had happened to some nuffy cutting out fines, then there would have been a public outrage.

Be consistent mate. If that had happened to some nuffy cutting out fines, then there would have been a public outrage.

While it may not be so lovely of me to find room for a joke but there you have it, you'll notice I also did that on the McAnn thread and the Rotto head thread, sometimes amidst serious discussions I find room to make a joke, and it's not limited to here or about drug dealers ok, but I make space shuttle jokes and ones about French airbuses and Italian cruise ships and even ones about cooks in prison too.

So if you would like to point out my inconstancy in not allowing jokes please do so. And you can say what you like about it but at this point on this discussion, I'm out,

As to the offense of the offender that is not named, why don't you take a bet. I think were both thinking along the same lines.

As to the offense of the offender that is not named, why don't you take a bet. I think were both thinking along the same lines.

I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised to find out it was one of those "R v BXL" type cases.

I think its probably more the case that its assumed to be funny as the victim is male.

....and a "criminal", therefore sexual assault is slightly more tolerable.

If there's one thing you can bet your life on, it's the ethical inconsistencies of rabid institutionalists.

....and a "criminal", therefore sexual assault is slightly more tolerable.

If there's one thing you can bet your life on, it's the ethical inconsistencies of rabid institutionalists.

The pictures I have seen of this bloke are the exact reason to keep your facebook private because if you ever do anything news worthy you can be sure someone will dig up the worst possible pic of you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truly bizarre read, I would hazard that the victim was mentally ill/low IQ to not only fall for the scam in prison but to continue living with him outside of prison in accordance with his "parole" conditions.

Just truly bizarre that his father didnt contact anyone after his son got out of prison and moved in with him.

The pictures I have seen of this bloke are the exact reason to keep your facebook private because if you ever do anything news worthy you can be sure someone will dig up the worst possible pic of you

It's getting ridiculous. A name shouldn't be released in serious cases until their Facebook page has been taken down. Surely something could be worked out here between the police and Facebook administrators.

It's getting ridiculous. A name shouldn't be released in serious cases until their Facebook page has been taken down. Surely something could be worked out here between the police and Facebook administrators.
Be abit hard with international Internet/privacy laws differences?

Yeah, sure. Facebook are interested only in making money for Facebook. Thy have no interest at all in the privacy of their users, in fact their interest is in direct conflict with that.

Ben Lord had plenty of time to remove his FB photo's or take the page down himself. No point blaming other people or the media for picking up on the pictures that he neglected to remove himself.

Facebook status should have no bearing on naming an offender at all.

Yeah, sure. Facebook are interested only in making money for Facebook. Thy have no interest at all in the privacy of their users, in fact their interest is in direct conflict with that.

But they do eventually, when it is potentially a major legal issue. I think their interests would probably extend to not being responsible for jeopardising the outcome of major criminal cases.

The issue isn't that they don't do it (because it seems like they always do, when the police request it); it's that they take too long and it gives time for any Joe Blows to do a search for the accused's name.

Ben Lord had plenty of time to remove his FB photo's or take the page down himself. No point blaming other people or the media for picking up on the pictures that he neglected to remove himself.

Facebook status should have no bearing on naming an offender at all.

It's probably more of a general discussion point, so I'll leave it there. I think we all know some other examples recently of incidents that have generated a huge amount of media attention and the accused was probably either arrested before they had a chance to cancel their account, or it probably wasn't the first thing on their mind to do at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back