Review Positives and Negatives - Raining Premiers vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Shoutout in the positives to the Adelaide fans too, taking their medicine like good sports as they always do.

Today there were some genuine strange calls from the ump like the Allen free kick and 50 which led directly to a goal. Then the whistle disappeared towards the end of the game, which affected both sides about equally I thought but usually you hang onto those pretty hard when you lose and wonder what if.

Those soreass Dees losers could learn a thing or two.
Yeah reading their thread, they are good eggs.

Opposition teams are coming after our premiership flag, and opposition fans are coming from our booing crown.

I still fail to see why it's any kind of a big deal. Crows fans were on the wrong end of the free kick count and they did their best to let the umps know about it. Good on 'em I say. You boo loudly enough, often enough, and there's no way it doesn't play on the umpires' minds and maybe get you a couple of decisions you wouldn't have normally got. That's human nature, and that's home ground advantage, and I'm not going to begrudge any fans for doing that.
The only issue I have is with the media for trying to make a thing out of it. Perhaps they should dig deeper for actual proper stories rather than "Newsflash: People went to footy game and at times failed to disguise their displeasure"
Don't know if it was the broadcast but the crowd seemed pretty quiet. They really need to up their boo game.

+ Darlings off the ball work
+ Redden to Midfield
+ Gaff loose in defence
+ Shep Shoey Duggan Nelson cool under the early onslaught
+ Vardy 49 hit outs
+ Jetta out didn’t cost us a game
+ Our big guys played better than our small forwards

- The negative comments on this board
- Hutchings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way, the article on afl.com.au highlighted Taylor Walker on 399 goals and becoming the second Adelaide player to reach 400.

Thanks to Will Schofield, he'll be waiting a little bit longer and the website can simply copy and paste this week's preview.

6daf1dbe1d3df3d154bec6f00c4fd663.jpg

Midfield were immense, especially given we effectively played without one for a quarter. Just the 47 pressure acts for Yeo.

-ve I got home from the home brew meeting to switch on kayo and find is 22 to 14 up.. The next 20 minutes were not pretty.
+ve I still gave us a chance
+ve I was right. That's was or best footy for 2019
+ve I called Shcoey to make Tex his bitch and was vindicated. You aren't getting 400 on our watch you overrated bitch.

+100 tackles. 3rd time ever in our history (apparently) in triple figures
+Yeo
+Shueys last qtr. Clutch.
+Gaffs 3rd qtr. By far his best qtr this year. Got it 12 times I think and was deadly with it. Got us back in the game.
+Simmos coaching. Changed it up at halftime and won us the game
+Allen. This kid has it. So composed with the go ahead goal. A natural.

-2nd qtr was god awful. Need to limit the damage when getting dominated so badly
-Hutch. If he's no use as a tagger he doesn't have a spot. Did a good job on Sloane in the first half to be fair, but we were way more dangerous with no tag and less Hutch in the middle.
-Nelson. Just not going to cut it unfortunately IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back