Autopsy Post 2021 Grand Final Western Bulldogs game review, the good the bad and the ugly, come talk about it here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Still can’t work out how a supporter of a club who didn’t make the grand final or finals at all.. can actually dish it out to the runners up 🤣🤣 am I missing something? If we sucked, I’d be the first to congratulate a losing side.

Just what footy supporters do. 16 clubs boards were envying us & the list we have from what I saw all week.

I’m going to repeat this over and over. We get a better defence and forward line. With our supposed star studded midfield, does anyone see us chasing down petracca or Oliver when they get a hold of the ball?

We are so damn slow down the middle. We need to stop drinking the “we have the best and deepest mids” bath water.

What is going on in that department? Bont in his first year was a sprinter. Now he just strolls around. Libba is the only one I give a pass to with that regard due to his knees.

I’m sad and disappointed and I’m going to keep drunk posting for the rest of the night. F*** this s**t.

To be honest I'm not as devastated as I thought I might feel after a GF loss. It probably helps that we lost to a much, much better side by a huge margin and in hindsight probably never had a chance.

I was about to say the same thing.

I would have been far worse had we kept neck-to-neck with them all night and lost by a kick after the siren.

And they say I'm bad.

What did I say that’s really bad?
For what it’s worth I don’t say your bad, you produce stats that tell a story. Some people don’t agree with it, whatever.

I can literally give you no stats about what happened. I see no structural changes or tactics either way that led to it, the my smashed 3 goals with minimal resistance and we folded.

Mental strength lacking if anything, *.

The 2016 Win still feels a million times as good as this lose feels bad.

True, if we had won this by 6 or 60 points it would have been great but a pale imitation of 2016. It’s just dawned on me that nothing will ever be as great as 2016, and I was lucky to have been there.

Would be lovely to win another of course

To be honest I'm not as devastated as I thought I might feel after a GF loss. It probably helps that we lost to a much, much better side by a huge margin and in hindsight probably never had a chance.
Feels like any old final loss tbf

Probably losing all those prelims helped the coping mechanisms

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going to repeat this over and over. We get a better defence and forward line. With our supposed star studded midfield, does anyone see us chasing down petracca or Oliver when they get a hold of the ball?

We are so damn slow down the middle. We need to stop drinking the “we have the best and deepest mids” bath water.

What is going on in that department? Bont in his first year was a sprinter. Now he just strolls around. Libba is the only one I give a pass to with that regard due to his knees.

I’m sad and disappointed and I’m going to keep drunk posting for the rest of the night. F*** this sh*t.

Bont's never been a sprinter though, not in under age or with us. He lopes. We needed to stop their mids and clearances, and we did neither. More defensive effort and placement at centre bounces can negate speed, but we failed to act. I blame the mids and the coaches.

Bont's never been a sprinter though, not in under age or with us. He lopes. We needed to stop their mids and clearances, and we did neither. More defensive effort and placement at centre bounces can negate speed, but we failed to act. I blame the mids and the coaches.
This

I’m sad and disappointed and I’m going to keep drunk posting for the rest of the night. F*** this sh*t.

Treloar is quick, so is smith. I am not sure it was speed that was needed. We just didn’t defend in the middle when we needed to.

Well that was disappointing. Such a weird game, with sections where either side completely dominated the other, and no real even, grinding parts. Not really what I expected.

One bright side to the end of the footy season… my weekends will now have a few more free hours in them for other things.

Go easy on Bailey Smith.

Kid is only 20.

Our fitness not on a par with Melbourne. Our tackling is often suspect, too many broken tackles today, easily fixed with a good tackling coach. Cam Munster is a fan, get him in.

How a guy like Fritsch gets off the leash is ridiculous, I guess if it wasn't him it would have been Pickett but we kept him quiet. Zone defence looks great until you have 3 defenders who can't go one on one.
Fritsch kicked nearly 60 goals this year. He got off the leash because he is a good player. Good effort to get to the big dance and what happened should be enough momentum to try and turn the tide moving forward.

It works both ways too. St Kilda got as close it gets in 2010 and then fell off a cliff. Getting smashed in a GF in reality means nothing there are plenty of examples either way.

Exactly. It's one game, a bloody important one, but one game. We won 18 games this year. Plenty of positives.

Holes to fill, but would rather those holes be laid bare than have the cracks papered over. Embarrassment and seeking redemption can and should be a very powerful motivator.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back