Media Post-Like Counts: do they maketh the Qootballer?

Remove this Banner Ad

I once had 100+ liked post on the scandals and ruours board deleted.

It was the worst day of my life...

Rumours board is only for rumours about which players are rejecting offers from norf

Or drugs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I once had 100+ liked post on the scandals and ruours board deleted.

It was the worst day of my life...
Thought you could post just about anything on the Scandals & Rumours board, must have been a pretty juicy rumour.

I want to test this like stuff out.

How many likes can 1 poster get to a single post.

'like' away
Some fantastic results early doors.

I actually almost put you on my list but I already had too many lol. I was shocked!
You were so close to a like and then you said you were shocked. :huh:

Is there a direct correlation between quality posting and the post-like counts of SFA Qootballers?

The thought bubble came to me when I noticed I had reached 10,000 likes, yet only had about 7,800 posts. What did this mean? That I posted less than some, but the posts I made were more quality, and therefore attracted more likes? :think:

Not one to toot my own horn, I thought I would research the post-like counts of prominent Qootballers and the results were quite intriguing.

Category 1: Post-Like Count is Similar
You get many people whose post-like count is very similar, say within ~5000 (myself included). This indicates to me that they are consistent in their approach. Not only do they post regularly but they are also very likeable. I’m no statistician unfortunately, maybe Loonerty can work out the probabilities. In theory, it’s highly likely that for every two or three posts they make, they receive at least 1 like. Not a 1:1 ratio but close enough. You get a mix of long-term Qooty players and those new to the league in this category. As time goes by you may see them reach Category 2! (and hopefully avoid Category 3...)

View attachment 648441

Category 2: More Likes Than Posts
You get a multitude of Qootballers whose like count has significantly blown out from their post count, at least ~10,000 and beyond. This may indicate those that post slightly less on average than those in Category 1, but the quality of their posts is reliably of a higher standard. Alternatively they probably post just as much as Category 1 but instead receive in excess of 2 or more likes per post. Perhaps they simply post good gifs (KohPhi). Many veterans of the game appear to be in this category, an indication of an illustrious Qooty career and respect from their peers and enemies alike. They could say something totally banal and still get a like or three - it's the only way I can describe rfctiger74's discrepancy.

View attachment 648442

Category 3: More Posts Than Likes
Then finally, you get the most interesting category of all. Those whose post count is higher than their like count. Does this mean that these people are the spammers of the league, post utter rubbish, and get fewer likes as a result?! Or maybe they contribute to the league in other unique ways that the SFA just doesn't appreciate. Either way, the results may shock you...

View attachment 648443

And there you have it. I encourage every Qootballer to take a close look at their own post-like counts. Which category are YOU?!

Over and out,
por_please_ya

Now like this thread.

Porps... I like you. But to suggest that my absolutely magnificent ratio of 15k posts for nearly 46k likes is due to my 'gifs' is so far from the truth.

Let me be clear. I have NEVER fished for cheap likes.

20181213_144627.jpg

Naaawwww... how cute is my daughter.

Porps... I like you. But to suggest that my absolutely magnificent ratio of 15k posts for nearly 46k likes is due to my 'gifs' is so far from the truth.

Let me be clear. I have NEVER fished for cheap likes.

View attachment 648664

Naaawwww... how cute is my daughter.

she's smiling, good that you let her barrack for someone other than Carlton

Likes are a result of this generation of people who need validation & approval every time they do a poo and only need to wipe once.

"Look Mummy. I came 14th in my running race today"

IMG_2070.GIF

Likes are a result of this generation of people who need validation & approval every time they do a poo and only need to wipe once.

"Look Mummy. I came 14th in my running race today"

img_2070-gif.648730
tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back