Play Nice Post sanction: Taylor Walker publically apologises for his racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, it is a good apology, and it seems to have been taken as genuine given that Young was willing to appear in the apology video.

But I really hope that people take notice of what a lot of other Aboriginal people are saying about this - that it's not an isolated one-off issue, it's something they see, hear, and feel on a regular basis.

CH Jazz

Team Captain
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Former Adelaide captain Taylor Walker is embroiled in a racism scandal, with the AFL investigating an allegation that he made a racial slur about an opposition player at a SANFL match.

Last edited by a moderator:

I know there's a decent Indigenous population in Broken Hill compared to the rest of the state but in my experience that can go one of two ways when it comes to racism. You either become very tolerant because you've grown up around different people, or racism becomes normalised because you've grown up around different people.

He belted a cop years back when he was travelling either Thailand or Bali with a few mates of mine, said a few racist things then too I’ve been told. By all accounts, he was not a good bloke back then.
I do think he’s matured and was a great captain for Crom, but dickhead tendencies always have a knack for reappearing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allegedly in the quarter time huddle, while speaking to a Crows player referred to North Adelaide player Robbie Young, an Aboriginal man, using some kind of slur
Quarter time?

Robbie Young belted an unsuspecting Matt Crouch a close friend of Tex's in the guts and ran off like a true hero after committing the dog act....that was in the 2nd quarter.

Quarter time?

Robbie Young belted an unsuspecting Matt Crouch a close friend of Tex's in the guts and ran off like a true hero after committing the dog act....that was in the 2nd quarter.

All I had to go off was the initial report, which stated quarter time. It's since been updated to 'at a break'

Quarter time?

And that is justification for taking to where Taylor is to alleged to have taken it?
Couldn't have used any other form of insult?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back