Potential trades thread (No Judd/McGuire)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Seeing as most of the other speculative threads have been ambushed and overun by talk around McGuire and Judd I thought i'd start one up focusing on potential trades and who should Hawthorn be focusing on other than Judd and McGuire.

I will start it off by saying Hawthorn should potentially target some of the following names

-Douglas
-Knights
-Bock
-Ryan Murphy
-Silvia
-Johnstone (have a feeling I will cop it for suggesting that)
-Sherman
-Vogels
-Ferguson
-Meesen

Seeing as most of the other speculative threads have been ambushed and overun by talk around McGuire and Judd I thought i'd start one up focusing on potential trades and who should Hawthorn be focusing on other than Judd and McGuire.

I will start it off by saying Hawthorn should potentially target some of the following names

-Douglas
-Knights
-Bock
-Ryan Murphy
-Silvia
-Sherman
-Vogels
-Ferguson
-Meesen

Yeah i agree totally we should go after Ryan Murphy, had a bad season but you better believe that he has talent would do a lot to get him at hawthorn and i reckon dockers would trade for him! sylvia nah, they would want an arm and a leg for Johnstone, the rest are not worth a second look! Wouldn't mind Sam Butler or Mitch Morton from west coast,

who do we think are on the table from hawthorn
jacobs
Williams
Taylor
pick 12
Boyle (Will struggle to get games when roughy, willo, buddy, thorp and dowler fire up)

dont bite my head off we need sum bargaining power!!!

Sorry morton totally slipped my mind (but sounds like tigers are in box seat for him). What do others think of another eagle on the outers, nicoski?

Trust me Butler is the best of them by a mile! absolute star in the making, nicoski is very good though, definately the type of player we look for! classy left footer, ryan murphy and butler are at the top of my list doubt butler is on the table!

how about someone like andrew lovett or aaron davey??we obviously need a forward crumber!!or justin sherman?or scott harding from brisbane..

they all have speed and they all play as crumbers!!

how about someone like andrew lovett or aaron davey??we obviously need a forward crumber!!or justin sherman?or scott harding from brisbane..

Not sure harding is a crumber, I thought he was a mid. The crumbers you would target from Brisbane is McGrath and Hooper.

-Douglas
-Knights
-Bock
-Ryan Murphy
-Silvia
-Sherman
-Vogels
-Ferguson
-Meesen
Yes - limited chance
Yes - limited chance
Yes - very limited chance
Yes - very limited chance
No - no chance
Yes - good chance
Yes - no chance
No - good chance
No - great chance
No - good chance

The problem with these threads is that we list players we want that have some trade value and then either offer a fourth round choice or someone that has no trade value from our club. The minute someone proposes a fringe player, that poster is shot down and reminded that that fringe player is going to be a 200 game gun. No one would trade muchfor Jacobs, Goo, Dawson, Moss, Morton, etc, so if you are going to agree with a player we want, maybe identify what you are prepared to give in exchange.

Chaplin for pick 12 and 31. (reluctant to trade 31, but this draft is shallow, 31 or 60 is very little difference in hit/miss ratio).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like Mitch Morton, I remember watching him at the 2004 carnival and he carved VIC country up, he moves well, very nice speed and his kicking is very sound.

I think the issue he has is work ethic, thats the impression i get from West Coast supporters. I'm sure Clarkson could sort him out.

West Coast will have to offload a couple of players to make way for the number of picks and players they will get for Judd.

Butler, Nicoski, Morton all worth a look IMO

Pick 12 very much up for grabs...

West Coast will have to offload a couple of players to make way for the number of picks and players they will get for Judd.

I agree.. if we are ruled out of the race for judd at any stage we may be able to benefit from the after affects of the trade, either with west coast or the destination club..

What about Steve Johnson from the Cattery? He is out of contract at the end of the year and with the serious salary cap issues coming up for the cats (see article below) and a plethora of talented crumbing forwards we might be able to snare him.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22442738%5E20322,00.html

what about Simon Godfrey, only 26, having him would allow Sewell to play as an offensive midfielder and become even more damaging..

what about Simon Godfrey, only 26, having him would allow Sewell to play as an offensive midfielder and become even more damaging..

Delisted by the third worst team in the comp says volumes about where you're at as a player.

Pass.

We can look at Butler and Nicoski, but I'd say the Eagles will value both highly and would want to retain them. Morton is up for grabs, but I wouldn't spend a first round on him.

Morton
Sherman
Higgins - Imo, he would fit in beautifully, doggies need a tall forward, we have them.

Higgins for Boyle I would consider.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back