Training Pre-season Training 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurn was a great choice at the time.

But we have a great opportunity to build something great now and that is with Shuey at the helm. I think we'd be fluffing if we didn't give him the role that he is now ready for.

Never was a fan of the idea of Hurn captain ever since it was first thrown up.

My argument was always that he should just focus on getting more of the pill and being damaging, playing to his strengths. He's not an on field leader.

Said it in 2015 and got lynched, now 2 seasons later everyone's keen on replacing him? GTFOH

I feel like Boots would be the best choice for captain but I'm cognizant of the fact that I'm not privy to all of the relevant information that the coaches and players have in this regard.

Will support their choice.

Hurn was a good choice and I was very happy for him to be skipper, but Shuey is next level.

It's time
I feel like Boots would be the best choice for captain but I'm cognizant of the fact that I'm not privy to all of the relevant information that the coaches and players have in this regard.

Will support their choice.
I am on board the Shuey train. 5 years and 2 flags later Sheed or Duggan to take over from Luke :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shuey really should be captain, Hurn hasn't been horrible but there have been situations under his leadership where there has been a distinct lack of it. Two finals come to mind. Shuey doesn't go missing.

Can see a bit of Dusty Martin about him this year
plays a mean chopsticks?
the-proper-way-to-use-chopsticks-t-shirt.jpg

Hurn might be good leader behind closed doors but we need is a vocal leader that can inspire the team when we need a lift on the field. My biggest beef with Hurn has been him not using his body as ram and causing some mayhem on the opposition. I think that could have somewhat made him a better leader. Players can really lift when they see their captain take a hit or two and when they dish huge bump. Hopefully boots gets the captaincy and Hurn gets to concentrate of his footy and hopefully regain his best footy.

Hurn might be good leader behind closed doors but we need is a vocal leader that can inspire the team when we need a lift on the field. My biggest beef with Hurn has been him not using his body as ram and causing some mayhem on the opposition. I think that could have somewhat made him a better leader. Players can really lift when they see their captain take a hit or two and when they dish huge bump. Hopefully boots gets the captaincy and Hurn gets to concentrate of his footy and hopefully regain his best footy.
You serious about Boots? He is coming to play for 1 or 2 years then coach. He will be vocal and leading on the field regardless of who is captain. What more do you think will be gained by making him captain? You are aware that he had the captaincy taken off him at Hawthorn.

For what I am seeing, Hurn has not had a leadership team that he needs. Priddis and Kennedy have been Beckham style leaders (silent and do on field). Emac has been injured or struggling to hold his place. Shuey has been the only leader that has been there to support. I suggest that Priddis and Emac are the ones who should look to step away from the leadership group. Great club servants but time for a renewal.

As far as on-field taking leaders, we also have Petrie. From what I have witnessed with pre-season, he talks to the players and is big time on encouraging the youngsters. And yes, I am starting to see the benefit of Drew in the team.

You serious about Boots? He is coming to play for 1 or 2 years then coach. He will be vocal and leading on the field regardless of who is captain. What more do you think will be gained by making him captain? You are aware that he had the captaincy taken off him at Hawthorn.

For what I am seeing, Hurn has not had a leadership team that he needs. Priddis and Kennedy have been Beckham style leaders (silent and do on field). Emac has been injured or struggling to hold his place. Shuey has been the only leader that has been there to support. I suggest that Priddis and Emac are the ones who should look to step away from the leadership group. Great club servants but time for a renewal.

As far as on-field taking leaders, we also have Petrie. From what I have witnessed with pre-season, he talks to the players and is big time on encouraging the youngsters. And yes, I am starting to see the benefit of Drew in the team.

Boots is Shuey

"Everyone" suits your trumpet blowing nicely doesn't it? Plenty have said to leave well enough alone re:Hurn
Okay, not everyone if you really want to get picky about it. Some people still rate Hurn as captain after the past 2 seasons.

Poll it?

I reckon the majority would back Shuey to take over now. And they didn't 2 years ago.

Boot

Boots is Shuey not mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back