Training Pre Season - Who's deadset training the house down 2024 style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

what's going to last longer, your optimism or the summer weather?

🤔 good question

I am in Tassie so probably the optimism

already a bit average here at parkrun

IMG_8594.jpeg

Who do I contact on bigfooty to get the eggplant emoji reaction because it's needed.
Just use gifs.

sea cucumber GIF

Just had a quick look at the Dees Board and they are not very kind to James so hopefully he shoves it right up those cheese boarding couch sniffers

That little highlight of him roving Grundy's tap sure doesn't look "vanilla". Even if he doesn't make the 22 he's giving it a crack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a quick look at the Dees Board and they are not very kind to James so hopefully he shoves it right up those cheese boarding couch sniffers

I hope JJ's primed to play in the Opening Round. Give him a few minutes to flick through the Demon's trash talk before he runs out, then cut him loose to prove himself.

"2024 The Year of the Swans" proclaims the banner. All eyes are on the players warming up, looking to see who's come back buffed or to pick up unfamiliar players in their new Swans outfits.

The siren sounds at the SCG to open the season.

Grundy wins the tap over Gawn to the advantage of a running Jordon,who takes the ball cleanly. Adam clears a path to allow Jordon to exit out of the front of the clearance at pace. Petracca hits the brick wall of a Grundy shepherd, Gulden runs in support, drawing in nervous opposition who are anticipating a handball. Ahead the forwards are on their toes. As if to a signal McLean leads to his left, Amartey pushes off Lever and leads hard straight out. May moves off McDonald just far enough to to be within reach of McLean. Suddenly Heeney breaks back to the square, Papley leads out in the wake of Amartey, creating a void in the left half forward flank that McDonald is moving into at speed. Papley doubles back, causing further chaos. Melbourne are in panic, trying to ascertain where the attack will come from. Jordon suddenly dips sideways drilling a flat bullet pass that drives 40m to hit a charging McDonald on the chest. A lunging May is too late to affect the contest. May's eyes dart around for the next threat. The dance has started but the Demons don't know the steps. Before the Melbourne mids can stream back to bring pressure, McDonald pivots on the spot and slams a goal home from 35m before anyone can react. Swans fans jump to their feet in a triumph, shaking the SCG with a roar that reverberates out over Centennial Park and beyond. The electricity of the moment raises hair on the neck. Horse is on his feet, his fists pumping the air. McDonald celebrates as he turns and acknoledges Jordon. You! The boys get around a beaming Jordon. Grundy wraps his big arms around him and whispers something in his ear. Affirmation perhaps? Or belief. Whatever is is, Jordon stands taller

Last edited:
I hope JJ's primed to play in the Opening Round. Give him a few minutes to flick through the Demon's trash talk before he runs out, then cut him loose to prove himself.

"2024 The Year of the Swans" proclaims the banner. All eyes are on the players warming up, looking to see who's come back buffed or to pick up unfamiliar players in their new Swans outfits.

Grundy wins the tap over Gawn to the advantage of a running Jordon,who takes the ball cleanly. Adam clears a path to allow Jordon to exit out of the front of the clearance at pace. Petracca hits the brick wall of a Grundy shepherd, Gulden runs in support, drawing in nervous opposition who are anticipating a handball. Ahead the forwards are on their toes. As if to a signal McLean leads to his left, Amartey pushes off Lever and leads hard straight out. May moves off McDonald just far enough to to be within reach of McLean. Heeney breaks back to the square, Papley leads out towards Amartey out creating a void in the left half forward flank where McDonald is moving at speed. Papley double back causing further chaos. Melbourne are in panic, trying to ascertain where the attack will come from. Jordon suddenly dips sideways drilling a flat bullet pass the drives 40m to hit a charging McDonald on the chest. A lunging May can't affect the contest. His eyes dart around for the next threat. The dance has started but the Demons don't know the steps. Before the Melbourne mids can stream back to bring pressure, McDonald pivots on the spot and slams a goal home from 35m. Swans fans jump to their feet in triumph roar, shaking the SCG with a roar that reverberates out over Centennial Park and beyond. The electricity of the moment raises hair on the neck. Horse is on his feet, his fists pumping the air. McDonald celebrates as he turns and acknoledges Jordon. You! The boys get around a beaming Jordon. Grundy wraps his big arms around him and whispers something in his ear. Affirmation perhaps? Or belief. Whatever is is, Jordon stands taller
If you turn out to be NostraRubbamus, that thread on the Dee's board would make for some interesting reading.

Grundy wins the tap over Gawn to the advantage of a running Jordon,who takes the ball cleanly. Adam clears a path to allow Jordon to exit out of the front of the clearance at pace. Petracca hits the brick wall of a Grundy shepherd, Gulden runs in support, drawing in nervous opposition who are anticipating a handball. Ahead the forwards are on their toes. As if to a signal McLean leads to his left, Amartey pushes off Lever and leads hard straight out. May moves off McDonald just far enough to to be within reach of McLean. Heeney breaks back to the square, Papley leads out towards Amartey out creating a void in the left half forward flank where McDonald is moving at speed. Papley double back causing further chaos. Melbourne are in panic, trying to ascertain where the attack will come from. Jordon suddenly dips sideways drilling a flat bullet pass the drives 40m to hit a charging McDonald on the chest. A lunging May can't affect the contest. His eyes dart around for the next threat. The dance has started but the Demons don't know the steps. Before the Melbourne mids can stream back to bring pressure, McDonald pivots on the spot and slams a goal home from 35m. Swans fans jump to their feet in triumph roar, shaking the SCG with a roar that reverberates out over Centennial Park and beyond. The electricity of the moment raises hair on the neck. Horse is on his feet, his fists pumping the air. McDonald celebrates as he turns and acknoledges Jordon. You! The boys get around a beaming Jordon. Grundy wraps his big arms around him and whispers something in his ear. Affirmation perhaps? Or belief. Whatever is is, Jordon stands taller
You really missed your métier Msr Duck!

To me a "lock" is best 15 so he won't be a "lock".

Agree
Locks absolutely:
McLean, McDonald, Papley, Heeney
McCartin, Rampe, Blakey, Lloyd, Florent
Grundy, Parker, Adams, Gulden, Warner, Rowbottom.
Probables:
Hayward, Wicks, a third tall
Hamling/Melican, Cunningham
McInerney, Campbell.
IMO JJ would have to get in front of Campbell or McInerney unless Campbell replaced Cunningham 🤯

Locks absolutely:
McLean, McDonald, Papley, Heeney
McCartin, Rampe, Blakey, Lloyd, Florent
Grundy, Parker, Adams, Gulden, Warner, Rowbottom.
Probables:
Hayward, Wicks, a third tall
Hamling/Melican, Cunningham
McInerney, Campbell.
IMO JJ would have to get in front of Campbell or McInerney unless Campbell replaced Cunningham 🤯
We'll hopefully have close to full list to pick from but there are usually a few players who are not fully match fit at opening round. Whether they're carrying a niggle or two, have had an injury interrupted pre-season or they could just benefit from a longer block of training. It's a long season and the emphasis has to be on maintaining players in their best condition over the long haul. With plenty of depth it makes sense to put the fittest team forward.

If JJ shows a bit in the practice matches and is primed and ready for the opening round, he'd have to be a reasonable chance to play. Especially as we're up against his old team. That often spurs a player.

Dragging down Parker in full flight then shaking off a Heeney tackle using brute strength. Wow, who's been putting in extra gym time? I get the feeling Chad is looking to take back his share of the accolades from Gulden. Don't worry Chad, there'll be plenty to go around, especially when the Melbourne media wake up and start wondering how the Swans midfield became so good. They'll be fighting for Brownlow votes this year.

Talking of Warner. Corey looks in prettty good nick. He's put on a bit of size. Seems to have taken his brother's advice over the break. I'd like to see Corey play a few more games this year. Roberts too, and maybe Kostanty getting a game or two. I'd also like to see Sheldrick have a breakout year. That lad has real mongrel in him.

Wouldn't it be great if when Mills is ripe to come back in we're sitting on top, midfield humming and having not dropped a game. Our selectors would be completely flummoxed trying to work out who they drop for Mills. Macca pulls Mills aside. "Err, Callum, how would you feel about playing in the twos for a bit. Just until someone needs a break" "I guess I could, for the team's sake that is" Macca slaps him on the back "That's the spirit" "But like, how many games are we talking about? One? Two?" "We were more thinking you could come in fresh for the finals. You know, really pumped and primed" "For the finals??" "Well, not all of the finals, obviously. Maybe just the Grand Final" "Just the Grand Final??" "Yeah, that is, if there's an injury" "You mean I'd come in as sub?" "Yeah, well, as I said, if there's an injury,.... to the sub" "What? You mean I'd be an emergency??" "Well, er....not exactly. More like an emergency to the emergency" "Like second emergency then?" "Yeah, nah, not quite. I s'ppose you could say third emergency" "An emergency to the emergency to the emergency to the sub?" "What?" howls Mills in despair. "I'll never get a game." "No need to be so negative Callum. It could happen" "Really, how?" "Well....er.....the team bus might crash"

Horse catches up with Macca. "How did Callum take it?" "Yeah, he was ok" "Really?" "Really. He put a brave face on it. Said he's going to focus on studies to take his mind off it" "That is positive. Good on him. What's he studying?" "I think he said he's going to get a bus licence"

The pre-season games are going to be great watching with so many trying to raise their heads above the parapet.
iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back