Preview Preliminary Final 2016 - Geelong v Sydney, Friday 23 September 7:50pm, MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gullan. Groin issue.

Gullan does have good geelong contacts.
Tbh as much as i would be shattered for him missing a prelim after all the years out, his form the last 6 weeks has been a bit down so it would not be a huge loss. So long as they dont bring kersten in.

Then again this game will probably be won or lost in the midfield either way.

The Cats are sweating on the fitness of Menzel who has been hampered by a groin injury in recent weeks.
It’s believed the issue has again flared and the Cats are looking increasingly unlikely to take him into the cut-throat final against Sydney.

No hint of any angst from Menz when he was on AFL 360 the other night, just excited.....

Menz injury could open the door for Cocky. I don't want to see Kersten in for Menz, even though yeah it is more like for like it doesn't matter with Hendo playing up forward bring in Cocky to add more pressure inside 50.

Don't want Menz risked, if we make the GF then he comes back for mine, Cocky or someone else will be very unlucky but that's footy.

Menz injury could open the door for Cocky. I don't want to see Kersten in for Menz, even though yeah it is more like for like it doesn't matter with Hendo playing up forward bring in Cocky to add more pressure inside 50.

Don't want Menz risked, if we make the GF then he comes back for mine, Cocky or someone else will be very unlucky but that's footy.

I really don't want cocky in.

Gullan does have good geelong contacts.
Tbh as much as i would be shattered for him missing a prelim after all the years out, his form the last 6 weeks has been a bit down so it would not be a huge loss. So long as they dont bring kersten in.

Then again this game will probably be won or lost in the midfield either way.
Who knows who they'll bring in.
I wouldn't mind kersten on the g.

I wouldn't mind an in form Lang. But he's not.
Maybe they will just bring in Henderson. I don't like it, but they might.

Menzel was doing an Interview yesterday and said how excited he is to be playing in a prelim and possibly a premiership given his knee troubles.

Who knows who they'll bring in.
I wouldn't mind kersten on the g.

I wouldn't mind an in form Lang. But he's not.
Maybe they will just bring in Henderson. I don't like it, but they might.

Nah they would do cockatoo (not that i agree with it) for menz and hendo for kolo/ruggles. Outside chance bews comes in as well but that would mean too many defenders in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to see Kersten, I'm on record of saying we can't win a final with him in the side it's the old playing one short in my opinion,take it away VC.
Well, you come up with a forward structure then.

Here's a tip.
We need goals kicked.

Henderson is our best back.
Cockatoo can apply pressure.
Menzel is / was capable of 4 goals a game.

this might be be slightly overreacting

Nope. Sydney have two good to excellent rebounding defenders in Rampe and Allir. We have just one very good forward (Hawk) if Menz isn't playing. Means Tom is double teamed all night and doesn't get a one on one contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back