Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't reckon he comes over at all if there's no a very high chance of us signing him tbh.

SVR has stayed home and I don't feel the other two had the options McKenzie has.

He's training with Gold Coast after us. I reckon we will sign whichever player looks the best in match sims and hold a spot open for the MSD

Where are Cox and Pearce? Looks like Treacy on Draper and Amiss on McDonald at one end and Tabs on Davies at the other.
Really makes it seem like the real match sim was on Saturday, and this is just a follow for the mids to get more kms at intensity

I know sharp is an elite runner and I was fine when he was flogging the 1-4s

Not sure I'm overly excited if he is flogging the rest of the team still, kind of says something about our running capacity

Beating them would be fine but "absolutely dominating" is worrisome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question? The rehab group started with five and I looked at the end and it looked like it doubled, what’s the go?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I keep hearing of Sharps running ability, and I have to admit, seeing photos and videas of him running, he runs like a pro, but... have not read any reports of how he is tearing up the sims or training.
Is he a runner or a footballer from what has been seen?

It's kind of the opposite, he's all out of options and had to turn to Freo and GC to try and extend his career

If he had options in Melbourne then he likely doesn't come

I don't think it's a sign of him being highly likely to sign, it's moreso we are one of his last options
The fact he's training at two clubs suggests to me he has options tbh, even if they're not in Victoria.

I could be talking rubbish saying the other three are under consideration for only one club but McKenzie has at least two clubs interested.

I'd be curious to know if he's on here, as I know him in real life.

Good fella.

It's your duty now to give him a call and take notes when you ask for more training details, and then share. Feel free to take this comment seriously.

Anyway, he got a few of the big names in the selfies at the end of that thread, so must be a likeable fellow.

Question? The rehab group started with five and I looked at the end and it looked like it doubled, what’s the go?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

During pre-season not everyone is doing the full training load every session.

Sharp dominates running gives off Sheridan vibes
Gold Coast have had a list that is stacked in terms of depth but hasn't got enough mature aged quality to beat the good teams regularly.

Sharp missing out to top five draft picks and some of the few mature aged players Gold Coast have isn't quite the same as not getting games at other clubs. He's a bit like Brodie in that stats look okay but he wasn't given all that much opportunity.

Gold Coast have had a list that is stacked in terms of depth but hasn't got enough mature aged quality to beat the good teams regularly.

Sharp missing out to top five draft picks and some of the few mature aged players Gold Coast have isn't quite the same as not getting games at other clubs. He's a bit like Brodie in that stats look okay but he wasn't given all that much opportunity.
Looking at his games played in 2021/2022, he was behind Weller and Ellis in the pecking order. They are both pretty good players who GC invested a lot in. I don’t think he’ll be a Sheridan. 2023 after the trade request failed, you can’t use, Dew had marked his card and he wasn’t getting a game regardless of form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back