Training Preseason 22-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Adductor tightness but expected to rejoin the main group next week. Doesn’t seem like anything major.
On another topic, anyone know where/when the bulldogs will train this week, during their Mornington Peninsula Camp, I have heard they are in Portsea, someone else said Rye.

I think Weightman will still play forward 90% of the time but the midfield bursts will be just to change things up. As for the purposes of match sim, we’re missing Baz & Treloar from our midfield plus there’s two sides so there’s plenty of opportunities for different players to have a look on at this point of the preseason.

Our starting forward line consisted of Naughton, Lobb, JUH, Weightman & Hannan. West was on the B side but I expect him to join the senior squad as he just rejoined main training recently.
Please no Hannan. Bedendo can play that dangerous medium forward. Has a leap, is skillfull and quick for his size. He’s genuinely a hard match up. If we don’t develop Bedendo on the wing then he should be in the forward flank. I’m done with Hannan and the season hasn’t even started!!! Hannan provides a break glass in emergency option, toiling in the 2s.

Please no Hannan. Bedendo can play that dangerous medium forward. Has a leap, is skillfull and quick for his size. He’s genuinely a hard match up. If we don’t develop Bedendo on the wing then he should be in the forward flank. I’m done with Hannan and the season hasn’t even started!!! Hannan provides a break glass in emergency option, toiling in the 2s.
Hannan does provide good defensive pressure and runs hard but he needs to stick his tackles. It’s a hard one because I think Hannan is probably ahead right now but with proper AFL exposure across the season I think Bedendo would go past him.

Playing Gardner as the mid sized defender role that Wood and then Williams have done would give a lot flexibility to the backline and make it easy to play Darcy. It's an open slot with none of Williams, Crozier, Cleary or Khamis being reliable right now.
But he's not very good when the ball hits the deck or with ball in hand, or doing much other than spoiling the high ball. Wood was an otherworldly intercept mark, then could also use his athleticism to stay with smaller players. Williams is much better with a ground ball and is a pretty nice long kick, whilst still being ok in the air.

"Essendon, Collingwood, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Richmond and St Kilda – plus Geelong and the Western Bulldogs who aren't considering an SSP spot – all have one spot left on their rookie lists"

Looks like we are going to keep that spot open and not fill it in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still haven't heard where they will train tomorrow, rang the club, and was told it was sensitive information, and could not be divulged, find that strange.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back