Training Preseason 22-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally haven’t seen much interesting content from the club’s social media channels, everything has come from here. So big shout out to here. I don’t have any experience with other clubs to compare it to, though if you venture to other boards it seems to be a common complaint. E.g. saw Dee supporters complaining that all they get is clips of the team playing soccer or basketball or doing other stuff, anything other than footy.

Would be keen to see more short highlights of marks/goals from match sim. Looking forward to the stream this Saturday.

There shall be no match sim highlights as they need it delayed as much as possible before it’s leaked out that there will be 100% backing off outside five, a continuation of zone defence only and mids not running both ways

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

I must have attended the wrong day with the footage they used for the match sim

Beyond a joke with that footage shown, totally missed liked 5 speckies

Until I viewed this pic on a larger PC screen, I didn't realise there was anyone anyone behind him and just though he'd joined the crap haircut club. More concerning, I thought his body shape resembled Jake Stringer's! This is what I saw....
What in hell is with so many posters on here apparently wanting all players to look like US army recruit rejects ? Individuality over more follow the crowd mentality any day thanks.

The main question I would like to know from anyone who has been watching any of the pre season work so far is, have the Bulldogs coaches changed anything in terms of our defensive strategy or are we approaching 2023 with the same ideas we used last season?

If anyone can say whether we are doing anything differently that would be appreciated. That is what I will be looking for in our offical pre season games and early in the new season. Because if we haven’t changed that, then quite frankly I really think we are going to struggle to improve. Of course we hope to see some natural improvement from the young guys and I am also hopeful of a better functioning forward line, but given our struggles to stop ball movement and opposition scoring in bunches, particularly from the centre bounce, I really hope that this has been addressed over the off season.

Overall I’m itching for the season to get underway. It will be a big build up from now till Round 1. I’ve really missed it over the Summer, as has my daughter, and we can’t wait to be back amongst the Bulldog faithful cheering the boys on as often as we can get there.

Go Dogs!!
Massive change to our entire mid-structure and set-up going by the pre-season reports.
We set up more defensively in the middle part of the ground. Defenders getting a bit closer to back-shoulder and less aggressive in being in front of opponents.
May be just a one phase plan but it bodes well as I really don't think we're going to struggle with scoring this year. We've been in the top handful offensive sides in the past couple of years but slid to number 11 defensively last year.

What in hell is with so many posters on here apparently wanting all players to look like US army recruit rejects ? Individuality over more follow the crowd mentality any day thanks.

They can express their individuality by composing metaphysical poetry ,interpretative dance or cupping farts into their teammates faces . Having hair in their eyes like some bloody English sheepdog isn’t what I pay my membership dues for.

Never mind player sponsors, I’d sponsor a barber to have a chop at them.

Aren’t policemen looking younger these days?

Last edited:

Last year it was definitely a problem for Naughton. He spent so often fiddling with his hairband and hair so I'd prefer to cut that s**t out.

Massive change to our entire mid-structure and set-up going by the pre-season reports.
We set up more defensively in the middle part of the ground. Defenders getting a bit closer to back-shoulder and less aggressive in being in front of opponents.
May be just a one phase plan but it bodes well as I really don't think we're going to struggle with scoring this year. We've been in the top handful offensive sides in the past couple of years but slid to number 11 defensively last year.
Might be as close as we get to Bevo publicly saying "I might have got it wrong". Will be interested to see how it plays out in Round 1.

Do you detect any of Brendan Lade's input in this? Hard to tell I suppose.

Guessing we will get one next week. There was a 7 second "intraclub highlights" video uploaded that has now been removed. I imagine someone uploaded the wrong video and there'll be a proper one coming when the work week starts.
We certainly don't need just ever more 'arty farty' quick bits concentrating on players back slapping each other. Some serious 'meat' on what is actually happening, and less 'fairy floss' is what is needed.

We conceded more scores in the last two years directly from the midfield than we created from the midfield. As supporters we were getting frustrated by this most weeks and I am very glad that this has changed. The setup of only having Dunkley defending wasn’t working and with him gone, we had to switch to a team setup anyway.

IF we can reduce the scores conceded from this facet and rely on our more superior forward line and defensive transition…. This should result in additional wins (hard to estimate but potentially 4+).

Adding a FB & FF who are both in their prime; should assist in both scoring and defence. Just these players in isolation should also increase our win total.

I am probably more optimistic than most but I have us top 2 and home finals.

Last year it was definitely a problem for Naughton. He spent so often fiddling with his hairband and hair so I'd prefer to cut that s**t out.
It can be really helpful to be able to distinguish one player from another, even when you can't see their numbers. When they all look identical, it leaves you in limbo trying to identify one clone from all the others. Astro, Cody, Red Rich. etc are unmistakable even in a pack, or at a glance, while some others simply disappear into the morass of bodies by all looking indistinguishable one from many others. What is the advantage, or the bl00dy point ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be as close as we get to Bevo publicly saying "I might have got it wrong". Will be interested to see how it plays out in Round 1.

Do you detect any of Brendan Lade's input in this? Hard to tell I suppose.
Lade is a damn sight bigger than Bevo. One situation where intimidation might turn out to be a positive.

My biggest wish is that we have found a way to stop quality opposition pouring on an avalanche of goals in a very short time. Has been a problem since 2021 (notably the grand final but also multiple times last season). If the team wants to compete for a flag it has to be fixed imo.

* this joke of a club
This club is a disgrace. Have you seen the state of the western oval. It is full of sand and there is this massive steel thing there that they have left standing. What the hell is it? Sack the president and the BoD, This club is so poorly managed. Disgruntled perro_loco!!!
PS: GO DOGS!!!

Last edited:
My biggest wish is that we have found a way to stop quality opposition pouring on an avalanche of goals in a very short time. Has been a problem since 2021 (notably the grand final but also multiple times last season). If the team wants to compete for a flag it has to be fixed imo.

Having a capable 2nd ruck should vastly improve that area, plus I think the mids will be made to focus on all running both ways when needed when looking back at all those times.

I have been researching players for DT, and I can say that Adelaide supporters had a terrible time trying to get the stream to work, with lots of comments how shite their club is compared to other clubs. Seems to be disgruntled fans at all clubs not just ours.
i don’t doubut that we are not the only ones

The club has been excellent all off-season with the content it has provided. I'm not about to start burning my membership just because we have no footage of a modified intra-club that had no ruckmen play at all.
The particular complainer can’t burn their membership because they don’t actually have one

They can express their individuality by composing metaphysical poetry ,interpretative dance or cupping farts into their teammates faces . Having hair in their eyes like some bloody English sheepdog isn’t what I pay my membership dues for.

Never mind player sponsors, I’d sponsor a barber to have a chop at them.

Aren’t policemen looking younger these days?
Is this the 3AW thread?

Being an optimistic dog, I Just had a look at the flag and Brownlow odds 224/1 for the dogs and Bont pretty appealing and why not the treble with Astro for the Coleman that is paying 7,616/1.
To be honest I feel like Lobb is the safer pick for our leading goalkicker this year as he will spend the most time deep/kicks straight/doesn't knock himself out monthly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back