Training Preseason chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

there are two Williams?

Ahh, actually thought he was talking about Jack.

Although when I look at my comment the point kinda still stands with Bailey as well.

He doesn't appear to be suited to a #1 ruckman role either, going by how how he's been deployed at both AFL/WAFL level.

We need to draft or trade in an actual ruckman. It's why I wanted Conway.

Although when I look at my comment the point kinda still stands with Bailey as well.

He doesn't appear to be suited to a #1 ruckman role either, going by how how he's been deployed at both AFL/WAFL level.

we dont know, but it is a little more confusing. i agree we are short a ruckman

Bailey Williams will improve in the ruck over the year but the biggest thing he needs to work on is his goal kicking. Outside of ruck training I would have him doing repeat sprints followed by kicking for goal, rinse and repeat. He's not a terrible shot when he's just come on but when he's tired his set shot kicking is really poor.

Personally in regards for set shot goal kicking, particularly in younger players who don't have elite AFL endurance I believe this is the best way to improve their goal kicking. You make it so no matter how tired you are you are following the same routine on instinct.
The biggest thing Bailey Williams needs to work on is production and getting involved more.

Averages about 5 possessions at AFL level which is below what is required for him to be B22.

The repeat sprints and fitness would help with that too so the training program doesn't necessarily need to be changed significantly.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably mentioned already, but out of our new draftees, who do you think will get a game in 2022...SPS a certainty, Clark, Chesser, Hough, Bazzo?

So who plays the 35% game time in the ruck?

Williams makes us too tall, and his output so far is substandard.

My preference is Gov or Edwards (happy to play the extra tall back, rather than forward).

Agree with this - would be a good excuse to squeeze HEdwards into the side. But I think it works best once Hurn retires.
I also think it means Witherden can't be in the same backline unless he really improves his running.

Listening to Matty Knights on sportsday he was asked who of the young lads are exciting him from a midfield perspective and he mentioned Petch & Witho along with XON & Ledwards. So either he’s still getting to know players and made a mistake or we might be seeing Petch & Witho through the midfield at times next season :eyes:

Draft a ruckman?????

Outside of Cox and Nic, which drafted ruckman has performed and stayed on our list????

Nic was a lock for top 5

Cox was just blind luck.

Other rucks we have drafted have all found other clubs, I think drafting rucks is insane. Why not just pay a second rounder for a 24 year old ruck that another club has put time and money into developing?

Listening to Matty Knights on sportsday he was asked who of the young lads are exciting him from a midfield perspective and he mentioned Petch & Witho along with XON & Ledwards. So either he’s still getting to know players and made a mistake or we might be seeing Petch & Witho through the midfield at times next season :eyes:
He also called Petch “Peccelli” or something. Here’s hoping he’s still finding out about the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also called Petch “Peccelli” or something. Here’s hoping he’s still finding out about the list.

"The greaseball kid and the dip-s**t look real promising."

Draft a ruckman?????

Outside of Cox and Nic, which drafted ruckman has performed and stayed on our list????

Nic was a lock for top 5

Cox was just blind luck.

Other rucks we have drafted have all found other clubs, I think drafting rucks is insane. Why not just pay a second rounder for a 24 year old ruck that another club has put time and money into developing?
Turnbull went alright....

Draft a ruckman?????

Nic was a lock for top 5

Cox was just blind luck.

Slyce is an obvious one before leaving for port, unless by stay on our list you mean one club player.

Cal sinclair, while also leaving, developed from a player with potential at subiaco into a really serviceable one.

We have Turnball, Cox, Nic

I’d love to know how many ruckman we have drafted since we picked up Ryan Turnball.

Why spend time developing a Ruckman? You could argue they’re overrated. If you take out Gawn who was the last team that won a GF with a dominant ruck?

We have Turnball, Cox, Nic

I’d love to know how many ruckman we have drafted since we picked up Ryan Turnball.

Why spend time developing a Ruckman? You could argue they’re overrated. If you take out Gawn who was the last team that won a GF with a dominant ruck?
We got a decentish run out of Gardiner before he imploded.
Lycett and Sinclair would both have likely stayed if we'd really wanted them to.

I heard that too but to be honest I just dont think he had anyone in mind he could mention ... because we dont really have any young mids. He just didnt know who to say so he said some young players he knew of. Abit grim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back